RC62 or RC64??

Triaxtremec

First post here, I currently own the Klipsch RF82's, RC62's,RS52's, and an Elemental Designs A5-350 being powered by an Onkyo 805 and an Emotiva XPA 5. My question is would I be benefiting greatly going from the RC62 to the RC 64? I know the different horn drivers and a sealed enclosure but will it be an improvement over my current set up with the different timbre matching speakers?

• Moderators

Welcome to the forums. Just curious, do you feel that the RC-62 is lacking in any area or are you just curious? Got the "upgrade" bug? It never ends. LOL.

I can attest that the RC-64 is an incredible speaker. Very clear dialog...it's just a beast. Several have shared that the RC-64 is in a different "league" than the RC-62. My ears are not very sensitive so I don't think I would notice the "timbre" being off. Your ears might be more critical. Not sure there. Hopefully someone here can provide you with some personal experience pairing the RC-64 with the RF-82's. Regardless of which way you go, you still have a great setup.

• Moderators

He's mounted it to his wall and won't let me take it to my house for a day to see the difference.

You need to find a new friend. [:P] You may want to try a local dealer. They will often let you bring a speaker home to try in your environment to see if you like it. Would be worth a phonecall.

I actually work for the local dealer in our home theater department. We sell the Reference line but the upper end products are all special order, so we only order them when a customer specifically asks for them. Unfortunately for that reason I've never been able to do a head to head comparison between them. I think around Christmas I'm going to just pull the trigger on it and hope the wife doesn't kill me.

• Moderators

I gotcha. You still might see if a local dealer has one on display that you could take home to try out.

Hopefully you get a pretty good discount. I was able to pick mine up from my local dealer when Klipsch was discounting their cherry finish on the RC-64. I bought it for $571.00. Good luck.