Right channel low...

Talon

The left channel of my 4.1s are working absolutely fine, but the right side is at least 50% the volume, sometimes more, in both the rear and front sat's. Does this mean there's a malfunction in the sound card? Or the speakers? And no, the balance is correct.

what sound card?

switch the front and the rear outputs on the back of the sound card... does the problem move to the rear speakers? or is this a problem with the front and rear right speakers?

------------------

-justin

ProMedia 5.1 Tech Help

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

damn, it looks like it's my sound card. Cause i switched the two and my right front channel is now non-existant. when the miniplugs were swapped around on my card the rear right didnt work.

This message has been edited by Talon on 03-03-2002 at 08:19 PM

try using a portable cd player's headphone output, or anything else that has a headphone output... do you get a right channel? try the other cord, are you still getting stereo? if not your amp or control pod seems to have bit the dust.

------------------

-justin

ProMedia 5.1 Tech Help

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

New development...I had only been playing music lately and that seems to be the problem b/c I just put in the Final Fantasy DVD and the sound works absolutely fine. All channels are putting out sound...I'm very confused...Why does this only happen with mp3s and cds?

i bet you have a SB Live card right?

------------------

-justin

ProMedia 5.1 Tech Help

no, i have a TB Santa Cruz. I wont trust creative. And I am testing these out using headphones and the right channel keeps fluctuating in volume and cutting out and the overall volume keeps changing...I'm very confused...

reinstall the drivers... get the latest ones also.

------------------

-justin

ProMedia 5.1 Tech Help

Well, after searching for about 3 hours for my Dell TB sound card drivers and reinstallation crap (the stuff off the website would work cause its not part of Dell's deal) I finally got it to work - all 4 channels are working so we'll see how long this lasts. Thanks Amy and Justin.