Please recommend over ear headphones with the following criteria

superedge88

I would like to find over ear headphones for the following application with the following criteria

Application: Home Theater in bed listening

Criteria:

Volume control on the head phones or the wires feeding the headphones

Under $150

If this is a subject that has been covered before please help me find the thread that covers this.

Thanks!

Truly high quality headphones rarely have volume controls built in, but a simple inline volume slider can be added on with ease. Just buy one, their cheap and normally good enough. RadioShack sells them, digikey and partsexpress as well.

Ocer the ear, not on the ear, any preference on open or closed headphones? Open typically have better soundstage/transparency and are my headphone of choice, when I'm not enjoying my IEMs. However, for privacy, to not wake up the person next to you, closed headphones are the way to go. The sound might be a BIT more fatiguing but if you're watching a movie, probably not an issue (not like a 7 hour music session for instance).

Let me know which type you want, open or closed, and I can make some recommendations.

• 2 weeks later...