New Integrated amp choice

morg

I am looking at a Coda-Continuun Unison 200 wpc integrated amp. My question is will that amp be good for Klipsch RF'3s and M&K V125 sub combination? My current system is a Cambridge Audio A3I int. amp at 60 wpc, Cambridge Audio CD4SE cdp with MSB Link Dac III, Cardas crosslink speaker wire and Cardas Quadlink 5C interconnect and above mentioned speakers. What i am really looking for is a better sound quality, the Cambridge has plenty of power but was rather inexpensive.

The Coda-Continuum dealer is selling me the Unison for $1375 and the normal price is $2750. I know him well that is why so cheap.

Is this amp worth purchasing? Will i get a noticable difference in sound quality by going to a very high end amp. If you have any other suggestions feal free to give them.

Thanks for your help.

Morg

Morg, I have demoed a Coda/Continuum 200wpc power amp on my LaScala's for several days. It is definitely a "high end" piece. I, however found it to be to detailed and maybe a bit to bright or forward with my speakers. It sounded great on my friends Maggies, but a bit relentless on my rig. I found the new McIntosh to be a nice match. A little more forgiving on the top. I am currently using a great little Italian Integrated that is only 40wpc. It is the Audio Analouge Puccini. For my system it is a nice combo. It has a nice tube like quality, which is part of its design philosophy. It has a great MM/MC phono stage and a beautiful remote for under $900 bucks. I have had many of the big buck high powered amps, this little gem more than holds its own. It is very musical and less analytical than the Coda piece. I would reccomend trying before buying. Keep us posted. Joe

• 4 years later...