Which subfoower is better for Quintet III System

Boricua

Hello.

I am new to Klipsch and I am so excited. I just purchased a used set of Quintet III speaker system but no Subwoofer yet. I have the option to purchase a 3 year old Polk PSW10 or a 5 year old Klipsch KSW-12. My room is about 230 sq ft and my receiver is an Onkyo TX- SR505. I am more of a movie watcher than a music listener but every now and then I will play music as well. Which sub is the better choice?

Thanks for all your help!

• Moderators

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your first Klipsch purchase! I have not heard either of the mentioned subs but when I worked at Circuit City many years ago, I had no love for the Polk subs. I purchased their towers, center and rears because they were very nice. We kept blowing the subs and they bottomed out when big explosions occurred. If they were priced the same, I would go with a 12" over a 10" for movies. I have a 15" Velodyne in my HT and love it.

How much are they asking for each of them? There might be even better options out there for the same price.

• Moderators

Now I see why you ask for opinions. Big difference in price and you want to know if it is worth the extra money. Again, I have no experience with either of those models. This KSW-10 was just posted in my area for $145 and you are able to get a KSW-12 for that price. That's cool.

Based on these recent KSW-12's that sold on Ebay, I'd say $145 is a great price if it is in good working and cosmetic condition.

$175 + $49 shipping

$160 + $40 shipping

$198.46 + $52 shipping

$179.16 + $32.28 Shipping

$200 + $35 shipping

$240 with free shipping

Good luck with your decision.