RF-7's on c-list

SuBXeRo

I saw these listed in my area and forgot about them, listed for 1500, sent the lister an email anbd waiting for a repsonse back. I really want to know if they are new or older. Any info on these fromy ou guys would be great since i havent heard them. I suppose waiting is good.

For $1500, they better be like new. I'd see if they will come down on price a little. If you have the chance financially and have the room for them, get em! Just make sure you have a good amp with lot's of power to drive them. If they won't come down on price, I'd look elsewhere...

Great speaker. They were over $1000.00 each and I think $1500.00 is high. My son has RF 7's with a RC 7 and a pair of RB75's. He was running with out a sub. They have a good bottom end. Not as good as my Cornwalls but still good and much better than the 35's you were looking at.

That sounds like a good price. Do you look at the specs on them they go to 32hz. Like I said you can run them with out a sub for now and they will out do a 8" sub. You will like them, but they like a little power. He is running a Denon 2307 and it sounded good, but when he used my Carver M500T power amp 250wpc it came alive. That is a great old power amp, I ran in my first home theater.

the guy liked the 1000 offer which is good, i have a sony 5.1 at 100watts a channel, itll do for me now, i live in an apt so really cranking it wouldnt really work anyways. I am planning, one way or another to get an outlaw audio amp and pre/processor in the future, right now they would be run as a 2 channel until i found myself a center.

I am not sure what Sony receiver you have but be aware that the RF-7's have some serious low impedence dips and need a high current amp to operate properly. Sony's are not known for their high current receivers unless it is the ES line. Even then their mid level ES's might struggle driving the RF-7's. I just don't want you to fry anything unless you are cooking.

Bill

If you clip them your getting the boot. The Outlaw should have the power but I never listen to it. You don't want something that is forward sounding like the Sony. I think that the Sony is very bright. My son has driven his with a Denon 1802 and a 2307 and now the Carver M500T. they all work OK. Look for a RC7 for the center and yes it's big. I think you will like the speakers they are ones that you could be running 20 years from now and still rock.

That is how I started with my home theater back in 1984. I bought my Cornwalls and didn't have anything to play them with for 6 mo. Buy the best you can and buy a peice at a time. My wife was like, you want to spend how much on speakers. I just said trust me. After we had them for some mo. we went over to a buddies house and heard his system that was low dollar. When we got back in the car, all I heard was F*** You. I said what and said that sound like S*** and ever since when I say I need to spend X dollar she says OK.