Can the RS52 be mounted upside down?

PPW350

Hey,

Not sure if this has been covered before, if so, mod please direct me to the info and delete the thread.

In my current setup, RF82 and RC64 up front and a pair of RS52 as surrounds. I've always noticed that in my surrounds that one speaker sounds louder or easier to locate its location much easier than the other. I always thought that my receiver is doing something weird by playing one surround louder than other, or the surround effects were more biased on one side vs the other in the movie content. It drove me crazy, during movies, I'm always changing the surround channel's output to get them matched by ear. I took a SPL meter to measure the individual volume when playing receiver's built in test tones, but they were always even matched in volume. I look a closer look at the RS52 last night and realized that, on each of the RS52 the tweeters on each side were on opposite sides to each other. That means the tweeter on the left side of the RS52 that's on my right surround is lower than the tweeter on the right side of the RS52 on my left surrounds. Could this be the reason why the right surround always sounds louder to me in seated position? If so, can the RS52 be mounted upside down? If I mount one of them upside down then, the tweeter heights would match on both surrounds, when in seated position. Thanks for reading this.

I see that you're also on AVS. I was thinking about moving down one of them by about 6 inches, that should level up the tweeter heights on both sides. I really wonder why Klipsch made them like that? I can see its benefits for a really wide room, but for most people setting up a system in a retangular shaped rooms, most people will take advantage of the length of the room and go for a bigger screen. If these are to be used as side speakers, I'm sure I'm not the only one that have noticed this before. My side speakers aren't exactly that close to my ears when I'm in seating position either, they're almost 7 feet away from my ears on each side.