F-3 or VF-36?

Rickyjay

Rickyjay,

Where are you located? I think you would be better off exploring the used market to get more bang for your buck. Personally I think the VF-36's are ugly and you can't remove thhe woofer grills. What's that all about?

Bill

Bill,

I am located in Chandler, AZ. I agree, overall, I like the look of the F-3s more and with my current speakers, I always have the grills off. It is a little upsetting the the grills on the VF-36s don't come off. But the sound is more important to me than the appearance.

Rick

Looking at the Specs, I am concerned with the Huge difference in Freq Response in the VF 25 Center speaker..............compared with the VF 36 speakers !

I agree, you should Wait and find something in the Used Market. This would give you more Bang for your Buck.

the VF-36
and VF-35 floorstanding speakers, the VB-15 bookshelf speaker,
the VC-25 center channel speaker and the VS-14 surround channel
speaker.

I heard them in BB , but was not thrilled with them...........You can do Much Better.

Looking at the Specs, I am concerned with the Huge difference in Freq Response in the VF 25 Center speaker..............compared with the VF 36 speakers !

I agree, you should Wait and find something in the Used Market. This would give you more Bang for your Buck.

the VF-36

and VF-35 floorstanding speakers, the VB-15 bookshelf speaker,

the VC-25 center channel speaker and the VS-14 surround channel

speaker.

I heard them in BB , but was not thrilled with them...........You can do Much Better.

Are you saying it would be better to get the F-3s?

KLF-20's, KLF-C7, KSW-15----All for $800.00

Call this guy now! He(Mike) is waiting on your call. This setup will smoke the doors off any of the speakers you are considering.

Forum members chime in and help confirm this.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/ele/1473588739.html

Another good deal here.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/ele/1471289626.html

Bill

As others have said.

1. Forget about the VF 36's,

2. Forget about the F 3's

3. Save your Money, and look at the Used Market. Or if you want New get the Reference Series. Either one will give you Lots more bang for your Buck.

4. Take your time, piece meal the system . You will save , money and be happier in the end !

Call this guy now! He(Mike) is waiting on your call. This setup will smoke the doors off any of the speakers you are considering.

Bill

I was planning on purchasing new as I will probably be selling and getting something better in a few years when I hopefully have more money[*-)]

As others have said.

1. Forget about the VF 36's,

2. Forget about the F 3's

3. Save your Money, and look at the Used Market. Or if you want New get the Reference Series. Either one will give you Lots more bang for your Buck.

4. Take your time, piece meal the system . You will save , money and be happier in the end !

I guess I will wait and see if there are any good reference deals on Black Friday?

-I'm on a tight budget right now...

Another good deal here.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/ele/1471289626.html

Bill

I e-mailed both of them. By the way, I am only 15 years old.

Would those sound as good as a pair of RF-62s? I found a pair of RF-62s new for $600.

Good price for the 62's but the KLF-30's and KLF-20's rank right up there(or higher) with the RF-7's ,RF-83's,RF-63's. Having a midrange horn really smooths things out.

Bill

By the way, I am only 15 years old.

One good thing you are doing right, getting advice. Most 15 year olds think they know it all. Keep it up.

If you get either one of these speakers, you will be the envy of your peers.

Bill

Thanks! I already am the envy with my SF-1s, I will have people drooling with either of the other speakers! Would I need a more powerful receiver to power the KLF-20s or the KLF-30s? I only have a 80 X 5 watt yamaha.