Expanding to 7.1 Setup - Looking for Good Rear Speakers

chitown2477

Hello all,

I currently have the RF-52 system for my 5.1 setup except for my sub (fronts are RF-52, center is RC-52, RS-42 surrounds, and Sub 10). I just purchased the Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH 7.1 receiver that is fantastic. I am looking to expand to a 7.1 system and would like help in selecting rear speakers. I am thinking about the RB-10s to keep the system all Klipsch. But it would be nice to save some cash as these speakers run about $270. Any suggestions for solid rears outside of the RB-10s that will go well with my current setup?

Also, I have my surrounds immediately to the side of the seating position and about 5 1/2 feet high. The rears with be about 6 1/2 feet hight and behind the seating position by only 1 foot. This is due to my living room setup which opens up to a second room. Does this seem like it would be enough space in the rear to get good 7.1 sound? I have a thick curtain to divide the to cut down on light if I watch a movie during the day.

Thanks in advance for you advice!

I personally feel that 1 foot behind you is way too close for rear speakers. Save yourself some money and get some Klipsch headphones instead, you'd end up with the same results. [;)]

Check your local craigslist and watch eBay, you'll be able to find deals if you're patient. Any of the RB series would work well as rear speakers with the other ones you already have. You might consider the Synergy bookshelves as they typically sell for a bit less than the Reference series. They will look a little different but will sound great and work very good as rears.