horn tweeter y connectors

elizabeth

I bought a pair of used floorstanding Klipsch. Knew the model name once -- they were bought apparently by GIs on base at one time and comprise three speaker cones and a horn tweeter. Horn is kaput on one of them. I got a replacement diaphragm. Cannot get the horn out of the box once it's unscrewed as it seems the y-connectors are soldered? Don't see any solder but won't come apart when I try to tug them. Should I try harder or are they in fact soldered? What can I do? I don't solder and the speakers are too unwieldy for me to cart about.

Thanks.

I can't imagine that they soldered the leads to the drivers?

Can you post a picture of what you have and the problem area?

Welcome to the forum!

Worse come to worse, if they ARE soldered to the speaker terminal, I'd wonder if you could simply cut the wire in two somewhere and then resplice it back together. I'm sure others will chime in shortly.

I have gotten the replacement horn diaphragm installed and it's working. The trouble is in using the other side as an example it now doesn't work! Got a blip of sound out of it while reinstalling and then stopped completely. Tried switching it in and out to no avail. Am looking into ordering another replacement! It has just been one of those *** for tat days down the wire. Thanks for your help.

Feels good I got the new one working anyhow!