Heresy II better than Synergy F-1?

Gbott

I have the chance to pick up a pair of Heresy II and was wondering if they would be a good replacement for my F1's. The Heresy II were made in 85 and are in mint condition cosmetically. Sound wise they have not been used in 10 years and i have not heard them yet. I've been wanting to upgrade my F1's and feel this might be a good move. In doing this would the HT sound of all these different speakers mesh? I do listen to a lot of 2 channel audio which I have a feeling the Heresy's will blow the Synergy's away. I'm just concerned that "sonically" everything might not line up when I'm listening to anything other than two channel.

Welcome to the forum....

Without knowing what your other speakers are it would be hard to tell how things will sound. But in a very short answer, no.

The Heresy will be a better improvement over the F-1 for music without a doubt. If you have a 5.1 HT setup you can piece together a Heresy one as time and money allows and use what you currently have in the mean time.

James

I would say go for it... Plus any chance that you can set the Heresy up in another room for 2-channel only? If not then you should be fine but will have to max out the C-2 to hear dialog for HT use with the Heresy mains. Your rear speakers and sub are fine, plus it would give you something to look forward to upgrading to. Believe me, you are going to want to upgrade the more you stick around here. Remember that if you like the sound that is all that matters, so go and take a listen and see how you like them.

Do report back once you have them and post some pictures. [:P]

James