return to Klipsch - which amp for RF-63's?

rmilesh2

After a few years away Ive returned to Klipsch for my mains!! and Im so glad to be back. I just picked up some used black RF-63's from craigslist. They have a few dings but nothing a little sharpie cant fix and i got them for $500. Im now in audio heaven!! Im experiencing the same magic that I did back in 1994 when I spent my first real paycheck on some KG 3.5's and a harman kardon receiver. Ive got these RF 63's hooked up to a Kenwood KA-9100 vintage integtrated amp and they are the real deal, best speakers Ive heard in my difficult listening room by far!!!

Ive been lurking in the forum for quite a while and was able to pull the trigger quickly on these due to the many opinions and reviews in these pages. thanks everyone for sharing your insights and knowledge.

I do have one question about my amp. Im liking how the KA 9100 sounds with these but cant help thinking that more power and maybe something newer would make them reach their full potential. Any ideas? I could go for a power amp since I do have a high quality pre/pro. I really like the idea of a refurbished Mac power amp from the 70's or 80's but have never heard one. Open to suggestions...

I can tell you that I am very pleased with my B&K Reference 4430(200w/ch) powering my RF-63's and RC-64. Lots of impact with HT and for 2 channel music. Plenty of power reserves to handle the 2.8 ohm dips. Barely even gets warm during continuous high spl sessions. I also have recently aquired a NAD 925THX five channel amp(125w/ch in 5 channel and 200w/ch in stereo). The NAD also is warm sounding with plenty of power on tap.

There are many different tastes on this forum with other brands like Sunfire, Rotel, Parasound, Emotiva, etc. mentioned often.

Bill