Klipsch KA-1000 THX

Stolenrs

Been a klipsch fan for many years, currently using a RW-12d but thinking about upgrading to a KA-1000 amplifier and running a couple of 15's, Anyone out there that has experience with the amplifier, any input would be apprciated. As for the rest of my setup RF-82 fronts and surrounds and a RC-62 center. I also have RB-81's when I run in 7.1 mode.

Thanks in advance,

Ross

no takers on this huh, really no one out there using the klipsch amp?

Sorry that no one has a comment on your question. While I don't have anything really to say to this matter. I really think it comes down to the people that do use the amp are using it with the KW-120.

I would say if you do have the KA-1000 to go ahead and try it out on something else and report back how you like it.

Also, do you have your RF-82 built into the wall? How do they sound? Do you have any pictures the your setup to post?

James

The KA-1000 amp also has only Neutrik Speakon connectors, which would have to be modified to end in two bare wire leads to connect to standard sub enclosures. It isn't difficult to modify, but is another reason the amp and KW-120s were made as a system. If it were me, I would be more inclined to get the KW subs and power them with a different amp, rather than vice versa.

ok, yes i have built my front 82's into the wall, i did know they were rear ported but it was more a space requirement from my wife, i also built my rw-12d into the wall facing straight on which is a front firing sub, so i decided that i would get suffcient bass that route. It does sound good either HT or music. My center is in the wall as well, still working on it, but i can post some pictures later tonight or in the morning. The reason i asked about the amp is my local klipsch dealer has a setup using the ka-100 with two JL W15's, as well as the 120's, personally i thought the 15's sounded better. But was not really sure how it would stand up over time.

thanks for the replies, much appreaciated