Help me get my acquired Hersey's in action!

myselfenjoysyou

Hey everyone,

I'm a new member here but I'm also fairly new to all this audio stuff, I'm not familiar with a lot of jargon so I apologize. Anyway, a few years back my uncle unloaded his beefy speakers from his college days into my hands, they happend to be great condition Klipsch Heresy's. When first receiving them I did not know how good of speakers they were, after 4 years I decided to look into and I realize that I have a pair of great speakers in the basement and there is no need for me to go pick up new floor speakers. Now, I want to put them to use, I want to use them in an audio system in my bedroom, using just these two speakers I need to hook them up to a receiver, thats where I go wrong, I have no idea what to look for in a receiver. My main concern is that I play 99% of my music off of my computer, are their newer receivers that I could run an auxillery from my computer to speakers? I have a Fisher RS-2007 receiver downstairs as well thats in great condition, is this a nice receiver? Can it be run to my computer? I dont have a ton of money to unleash on a receiver but by no means do i want to sink money into a receiver that won't let the speakers fully open up. So Klipsch community, help me find a receiver and school me and what to know about these heresy's! (any certain way I should clean them? havent checked for dust build up, dont think theyve been clean since 70s or 80s though). Thanks everyone!

PS Serial numbers are: 88TO27 & 88TO28

Welcome to the forum.Heresies are great speakers, no matter which model you have.

That Fisher isn't a bad receiver, and is raated at 75wpc, which should be plenty for the Heresies.

The Heresies should have serial numbers on the back, which will give the age. If the labels are still there, the nomenclature will tell you what wood/finish they have, which will point you in the right direction for cleaning/sprucing up.

I run a couple of PC sound cards into a small preamp, which feeds a power amp driving speakers at my desk. It works ok, and there are many methods of doing it. There is a possible safety issuse about pluggin PCs into other gear, considering the potential for unsafe voltages in the event of a computer power supply failure. There are ways to isolate the two. Sound wise, you would be rocking.You can go to Radio Shack and get a stereo rca to 1/8" stereo plug to connect the two (use the aux in on the Fisher). The speaker out on the sound card will work (usually marked with a green label...)

Bruce

> "...are their newer receivers that I could run an auxillery from my computer to speakers?"

yes, outlaw audio's RR2150.

•USB input for playback of streaming audio output from compatible computers

http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/rr2150.html

on their web site, click reviews to get some opinions..

i have an rr2150 powering my khorns today, its a very good low cost receiver .