Klipsch RF-82 as front and back speakers

Marcel K

I totally agree with youthman, even if you have to wait a bit, but you really favor the 83's, wait for them...I have the 82's and partly wish I had gotten the 83's....don't get me wrong, I love the 82's, they put a smile on my face everytime I hear them, but I always wonder...what if, how much better would it sound, etc...but at the end of the day, I couldn't easily afford them then, or now

my post above, I was just trying to point out that if you're talking mostly 5.1 movies/shows etc, anything non-music, rears don't need to be a high end speaker, anything (and I use that term loosely) will really work as long as it outputs the ambient noise you need at the level you need....they are there for effect, and not clarity, sorry if I wasn't clear and in movies account for something like 10% of total sound...see what klipsch recommends you use for the rear with that setup, and with the money you save there instead of buying the rf82's for the rear, invest in the 83's and maybe pay a few extra $'s...

GL with your choice, at the end of the day, it has to work with the budget