in wall setup

justin_tx_16

not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes.

we have a room that is about 25x25, a living room. we have lots of parties at teh house and this is one of the main rooms, and the only room with no audio system init. certain ppl in my house,errr my mom, does not want to see any speakers hanging on the walls or sitting on teh floor. not even copper cones are pretty to her. Frown.gif

so, me and my dad decided to put inwall speakers and paint them the color of the room, either ceiling mounted or wall mounted, 8 foot ceilings.

first off, which is it? wall or ceiling? i am betting on wall. we allready ran quadrophonicly (haha) the speaker wire, 14 guage.

what speakers would you get? if not klipsch because we don't want to spend much on this since it will only be heard when there is a party, twice a month i guess. i mean a total price for the speakers would hopefully be <$300 and then we would get just a basic amp. so, what should i get? i could get a polk system, it sounds very nice, but i love klipsch so i thought i would give them a try, or settle for another brand, hopefully pretty cheap. any ideas? tips? random info?

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Tech Support

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

There is a Contractor Series of in-wall's and in-ceiling models that are less expensive than our other models. Perhaps those would fit the bill.

justin- I don't mean to step on the Master's (BobG's) toes, but if I were you, I'd check out the IC-650's being unloaded all over on ebay. They're for the most part old stock that Klipsch has sold through Ubid. They would probably suit your application well, and keep you on budget.

fini

cool thanks. would i need a subwoofer in this application? i mean there will be little loud music but on the occasion that we have it, it would be nice for some bass, nothing like 20 hz though ahha. just basic bass Smile.gif thanks again!

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Tech Support

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

I thought you wanted to keep it under $300? Was that $3000? $30,000?

A sub would be nice. I haven't heard the IC-650's, but it's reasonable to assume from their size that the bass would be somewhat lacking. In-walls are a compromise, anyway. Check the specs.

fini

quote:

Originally posted by fini:

I thought you wanted to keep it under $300? Was that $3000? $30,000?

A sub would be nice. I haven't heard the IC-650's, but it's reasonable to assume from their size that the bass would be somewhat lacking. In-walls are a compromise, anyway. Check the specs.

fini

for this room under $300 with a max at $450. the sound does not need to be home theater quality, or concert quality, just quality Smile.gif it is this or a BOSE system, my mom found one at Fry's for like $547, so i need some help here LoL no bose please.Eek.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

Tell your Mom she can't have the Bose system because it's $97 over the max, and $247 over the hoped-for $300. If she really wants the Bozo's, she must mow the lawn for a month, and take out the garbage.

fini

quote:

Tell your Mom she can't have the Bose system because it's $97 over the max, and $247 over the hoped-for $300. If she
really
wants the Bozo's, she must mow the lawn for a month, and take out the garbage.

fini

well the deal with her is she would pay $1000 if the speakers were as small as the BO$E and she is lke, it has a subwoofer and a receiver/amp built in so you don't have to pay for that... well. that is her argument, i thought she learned her lesson from our old Acoustamass system and he step mothers lifestyle series system....

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

Now she's up to a grand? What, does she think we're made of money? That's it...mow lawn, take out garbage, do the dishes, wash all the cars, and no dessert, and not another word.

fini

i see you posting here fini Smile.gif can't wait to read it

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

quote:

Now she's up to a grand? What, does she think we're
made
of money? That's it...mow lawn, take out garbage, do the dishes, wash all the cars, and no dessert, and not another word.

fini

you would not believe how my mother's mind works. She paid an extra $500 to get a water faucet that looked better to her than the $279 water faucet that the only difference was the more expensive one used only two holes into the granite countertop. she spent an extra $2000 on a couch so that the pillow backs would be attached and not removeable, she puts athetics before everything else, except when it comes to kitchen appliances and she know that area pretty well being a chef and food/wine/flowers pr lady Smile.gif

with the inwall speakers from klipsch or anyone else we would still need a receiver/amp/tuner which will be very very basic. but still will add about $200 to our $300 budget on not "pretty" speakers. lets just hope she does not decide that the BO$E look well with her new $6000 drapes.... the woman needs help.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

you'd be surprised...

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

Justin, all you need to do is clean up your act and put in a little business on the side of the house... then you can put in a close out Yamaha RX-V3000 with 8 channel inwall stereo and hide a KSW-15 in the buffet.cwm4.gif -HornEd

PS: I can't believe I put the right name on the photo and the wrong name on the text. I've even bought boots from Justin, in Justin, Texas. I think I am going to have to lay down. Anyone who misses a name that's been posted over 5,000 times needs to take a break!

This message has been edited by HornEd on 03-12-2002 at 08:38 PM

Ed, you are just TOO slick Smile.gif

------------------

If you don't like what is coming out, you wouldn't like what is going in." -PWK-

---------------------

TWO-CHANNEL SYSTEM

AES AE-25 "Superamp"

AES AE-3 Pre-amp

New Tube 4000 CD Player

1976 Klipschorns (ALK'ed)

HOME THEATER

Klipsch 1968 ALK Cornwall "II"s (LF/RF)

ALK Belle Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Cornwalls)

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Heresy's)

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

quote:

Originally posted by HornEd:

Jason, all you need to do is clean up your act and put in a little business on the side of the house... then you can put in a close out Yamaha RX-V3000 with 8 channel inwall stereo and hide a KSW-15 in the buffet.
cwm4.gif
-HornEd

I had to laugh Smile.gif Oh and by the way, the name is justin, not jason haha

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

Mea culpa! Mea culpa!! Mea culpa!!!

Justin, my official apology is in the edited post where the error occurred. I know better... can't believe I did it... must have been Titivillus cwm26.gif... he's the imp that medieval scribes believed lived in their ink wells and mischievously caused errors. It seems he survived into this millennium just to trip me up.

My son sent emailed the photo from San Antonio where he was born and raised. I ran across it cleaning out some emails and thought of you. Thanks for being a good sport! -HornEd with glasses.

you forgot to mention that Titivillus would gather up the mistakes of other scribes (monks) and on their judgement day give them to teh devil LoL so that the bad syntax ones would be punished... sounds like my old english teacher...

Smile.gif

just you wait mr. -edit- Horned -edit- just you wait, you'll be sorry mr -edit- Horned -edit- just, you, WAIT!

hehehe... know what that is from? if you do, please come to the front to claim your prize Horned cwm32.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

Sounds like you have My Fair Lady in the corner. Justin, you probably know but there might be a lurker that would find it interesting that most of the scribes before the printing press could not read or right. They were peasants who showed an ability to copy letter shapes... and, thus, many peculiar errors crept into early manuscripts.

During my medieval research trips abroad I came across many bizarre misshapen letters but usually you can guess at what it was supposed to be. The demand for books was greater than the monks could produce so the abbey's hired secular scribes who were paid made about the same wages as a field hand. The advent of the printing press ended the dark ages of scribes who could neither read nor write. -HornEd