in wall setup

justin_tx_16

yes, that is so true. and did you know that when the printing press first came out it was a bust? no one wanted to set the type, it was just too teedius (haha spelling, protect me from Titivillus!!!) and so the thing was scraped. then the guetenberg (again, Titivillus) press came out and they were able to print out the... you guessed it guetenberg bible. that sparked the minds of some of the greats in that period, though it took till the middle of the italion renaissance (Titivillus) that it went mainstream... if i remember correctly Smile.gif

also, some scribes would make up letters and words which makes translating latin oh so much more fun haha

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Justin, since you seem to have an interest in old printing, I have attached a photo of me with my custom built press from plans dating back to 1470. Yes, I can not only type... but I can set type as well.

You might find the font interesting, my son and I built it from scratch using a scrap of writing that I found in England attributed to Geoffrey Chaucer. This is the non-scholar version which is easier for modern English speakers to read. -HornEd

PS: The bone handled dagger was built of "living steel" that required a living tree to be cut down and made into charcoal to create a super steel. They would pound the charcoal into the mild steel to add carbon atoms. Handmade knives and swords can actually contain more carbon than the finest surgical steel.

I only know of one such forge in North America... Angel Sword located in Wimberly, Texas. Daniel Watson, the proprietor is a skilled swordsman, avid collector and is so skilled in Japanese sword making that special laws were made to keep his work out of Japan.

Yes, Justin, HornEd does indeed go for the cutting edge Rolleyes.gif -HornEd

looks very nice, the first thing i thought was, nice font LoL check out our discussion on the digital cameras, i posted some pics of my stuff Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

oh yeah, so would teh CS-650-R's be a good choice? and if so, they go all the way down to 58hz which should be fine for us, for now at least, and take in 35-140 watts, so what is the best cheap amp i can get? i don't need anything like THX, DD 5.1, i mean just teh basic amp that can have a cd player inputed and outputed to 4.1. thanks again!

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

Ok, Jerry, you let HornEd in here, but that's it! Nobody's supposed to know about this here forum! It's our little secret hang-out, ok? HornEd, if you're still here, you in on this with me and Johnny?

OBTW, Josh, did you give up on the IC-650's?

Y'know I love ya, HornEd!!

finicwm1.gif

so I am going to ASSume that those speakers will work? I would need to wall mount not ceiling... i think those might be too deep. we have standard depth walls... should i get the bigger more expensive wall speakers? Frown.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

Justin- I have a single IC-800 lying around here (looking for a mate, BTW), and the mounting depth is about 3 3/4", which works for 2X4 framing and sheetrock. I'm sure, then, that the 650's would fit. Regarding using ceilinf speakers in the wall, that's purely an aesthetic (or athletic) decision.

fini

Doug- Don't make me post a shot of myself "lying around, waiting for a mate..." I tell you, it would not be pretty. And my wife would smack me.

fini

This message has been edited by fini on 03-14-2002 at 12:04 PM