Quintet IV versus Quintet III

work4mike

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help describe the differences if at all? Is there an easy to view matrix that describes the technical differences between the Quintet IV and the Quintet III. I read that the Quintet IV comes with the "Horn XT" vs. the Quintet III which has the Micro Tractrix horns. The freq response specs look similar between the both of them, but I can't pick out differences...

Any help is most appreciated. Thx.

Welcome to the forum.

I can't help you with an A-B comparison, but for what it's worth, the QIII's were the "gateway drug" that started my addiction to Klipsch. Awesome little setup that is built well and has a lot of sound for the size. I once had them set up in a 16' x 30' room with a 10/12 foot stepped ceiling. Though no where near the quality of sound that the RF-63's and RC-64 produce(which now occupy that same space), the QIII's paired with an RW-10d sub weren't too shabby.

For this price you can't go wrong.

http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/features/544120139/klipsch-quintet-iii?s_c=site_search

Bill

Thanks for your reply Bill. Yep, that's what I just bought over the weekend... I was trying to find out by searching all over the internet for comparisons but I couldn't find anything.

I was hoping the resident Klipsch tech support person would respond to my question, that is if, he looks at the forums...

Anyways, I have read good reviews about the Quintet III's so I am gonna see if I am "sucked in".... heh, I am sure I would be.

;-)