Denon 4810/Klipsch Owners?

shake777

Hi Fellow Klipsch Owners,

I recently purchased a Denon 4810 which I'm very satisfied with.

RF7 fronts

RF82 width

RB81 height

RB35 surrounds

I believe I have a wonderful large soundstage and the Dynamic Volume is a great addition.

I'm wondering if there are any other 4810/Klipsch owners out there that would like to share their experience and knowlege as I am more of an enthusiast than a fully educated audiophile.

Thanks,

Shake777

I don't have a 4810 but I do have a 3808. Great sound. most features are the same. You have the new 9.1 set though that could be fun. Make sure that you run 6 positions with the Audyssey. Audyssey sets my cross overs at 40hz for my Cornwall's, but there is a dip at the cross over point so I set my center at 60 hz. If you set all at 60 hz there is a dip at 60 hz so I only change the center. I also don't like the Phono section, it's a little thin so I use a different one. It's a great sounding unit once you get it setup.

I use to use the Panasonic 35 but pick up a DVD3800BDCI for $579.00 at ListenUp audio, there on line also and still have it. It was a great up grade for both picture and audio. I moved the BD35 to the bedroom.

Hi Mopar Bob,

Thanks for writing. My 4810 replaces a 4306 so I didn't have to learn a completely different system and I believe that the 4810 is the best AVR at my price point ($2300.00 in store from J&R Electronics).

I always run 6 positons because my room is tight and we have seating for two. Audyssey has set my front, center, and wide channels to 'full band" and the hieght channel to 80hz so I'm thinking I'm covered unless you give me reason to think otherwise,

I would like, someday to have Heritage speakers but that is a long way off since I just finished collecting the system that I have. I'm very happy with this system and each set of speakers seems to be a good match for the channel they are applied to.

Unfortunately, I don't have space for a turntable even though my wife has a nice collection of vinyl. The point being that I can only guess that the 4810 has a decent phono section, once again, unless someone makes me think otherwise.

You really lit a fire in my belly with the DVD3800 as I looked at it briefly after reading your comments and it looks like a great upgrade over the BD35, especially with the new Denon link and the subsequent compatibility with other Denon products. I think I'll wait though because I don't think my 42" monitor is going to make a wothwhile companion. When we get our new 100+" screen, that will be the time to make the change.

I'm still learning about my AVR and I think what is very good can only get better as I become more experienced using it. Thanks again for writing. I always enjoy hearing and learning form someone with similar aspects of our systems. Shake777

Thanks for writing. My 4810 replaces a 4306 so I didn't have to learn a completely different system and I believe that the 4810 is the best AVR at my price point ($2300.00 in store from J&R Electronics).

I always run 6 positons because my room is tight and we have seating for two. Audyssey has set my front, center, and wide channels to 'full band" and the hieght channel to 80hz so I'm thinking I'm covered unless you give me reason to think otherwise,

Welcome to the forum shake777,

I have the Denon AVR 4806 and am tremendously happy with it and is why I haven't been around here much. :-)

Fwiw, Audyssey recommends that if you have a capable sub you should go back and set a crossover for all of your speakers that come out "Full Range." Mine were designated as Large and then I went into Advanced in the Bass mgmt section where the Denon found my RF-7s to be 40 Hz, but I raised it to 60 hz along with my other towers and they blend excellently with my subs. [Y]

Edit: btw, here is a good link: http://www.audyssey.com/blog/2009/05/small-vs-large/

Hey tk damerica, I decided to give your advice a try and now I'm listening to some holiday choral music and enjoying the richness of sound. I guess I'll have to wait till I hear some rock n roll because that's where my ear is most likely to pick up the nuances. I have an RT12d with room correction which seems to give a very smooth transition and blend with the rest of my speakers already so I'm hoping your new adjustments will make it even better.

I understand very well about enjoying your system so much that it sometimes squeezes other things out. It certainly is one of the great joys of my life. Thanks for sharing your interest and knowledge with me. Shake777

When I had the crossover set at 40hz there was a 6db dip at 40hz. When I change to 60hz the dip moved to 60, but it did sound better. So I left my main at 60hz and changed the center to 40hz and the dip at 60hz was cut in half or more. It sounds great like that, but you have to go with what sounds good. Have you hooked it to the net yet? keep up on the up dates, one comes out every 4 to 5 weeks, plus you can check out net radio. a lot of them sound bad but some are very good. I like Net Radio Blues. Do you use Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume? I use both and and set Dynamic Volume to day and keep it there.

On the 3800 I can see you waiting, your wallet is thin from buying the 4810. I have benn builing my Home Theater since 1984 and have up graded many times. Do what you can when you can. I started with 4.0 in the pre prologic days.

I decided to keep the crossovers as you suggested because of you are a more experienced listener. It certainly doesn't sound worse. I wish I had better ears but there are things that I believe make a difference that I can't hear.

You did me a real favor by bringing up the net. Finally, after several tries since the initial installation and having given up until I could get some help, something clicked today and I understood how to get my wireless connection up. However, I'm waiting to hear from my computer guy to learn what encryption method he used for the pass code before I can complete the installation. Hard wiring is essentially impossible because the router is on the other side of the house from the HT. I'm looking forward to getting the updates and using the IR.

I think both the Dynamic EQ and especially Dynamic Volume are great. Now the sound quality doesn't detiorate at lower volumes and I don't have to be bombarded by loud commercials and movies with dynamic ranges that are rediculously large for my needs at home.

Right now its the lack of space for a big screen and projector thats keeping me from the 3800. I am very much looking forward to closing on our home in order to move into the new HT that is big enough to warrant a six foot screen. Then there's the issue of getting the Boss's approval. Right now I can't justify it with a 42'.

Hope you continue to enjoy at least as much as I am.