5.1 home theatre sound

joe williams

hi i have a pair of industrial lascalas for the front and center channels and was wondering what would be be better my cornwalls or my industrial hersey,s for the rear seems like my cornwalls are not getting enough work, shame to waste a good set to not get the full sound that i know they are capable of .

I would try each out on a few movies on the same volume and see for yourself. A lot of time it is the little things that you might miss and the fun of all of this, trying different things out for yourself and see how you like it.

Then whichever one you don't have in your 5.1 setup you have a great pair of speakers for a 2-channel setup... See this NEVER ends....

James

...was wondering what would be be better my cornwalls or my industrial hersey,s for the rear...

I think that you'll find that it's nice to have your surrounds on the floor and against a wall, where they can produce their full lf response to aid your subwoofer(s). This means that the CWs will be up at ear level when you are sitting, and the Heresies will be significantly below ear level. I don't recommend using your subs along the side walls like the following reference recommends (i.e., the subs should go into the corners), but I believe that the reference clearly states the obvious needs of a 5.1 system: http://www.thx.com/home/setup/speakers/side.html

I've used both as surrounds. I'm using the CWs as surrounds now - there is a big difference.

Chris

• 4 years later...

Recently upgraded my 5.1 system with cary 5 channel 200 watts per channel aragon stage 1 processor Sony blue ray player klipschorn s for surrounds front center lascala lsi rears split lsi lascalas and sub row 12. Talk about rockin the house , and movies couldn't be better. Is it live , I think do can't leave On my way!.