Upgrade from S4?

tdallen

I've been using my S4's for several months with my iPod touch. I'm very happy with the fit (I wear them upside down, with the cord over the ear and the double flange gels) and have been generally pleased with the sound. I can't quite find a good balance, though - with the EQ settings I like on the iPod to get the right highs and midrange, the bass tends to get overly boomy and muddled for my taste. With settings that reduce the bass, the highs and mids get too pronounced. I guess I'm looking for upgrade suggestions that deliver similar highs and mid range, but with a base that is tighter and more accurate. Not less bass - just less pronounced, more accurate bass.

Thoughts?

Thanks, and Merry Christmas to you and yours!

I guess I'm looking for upgrade suggestions that deliver similar highs and mid range, but with a base that is tighter and more accurate. Not less bass - just less pronounced, more accurate bass.

IMVHO The Image X5 or Image X10. The Image X5 has better highs to my hearing while the Image X10 has even deeper bass though I'm not sure the X5's are lacking but have the X10 sound darker sound to me.

The bass should be much tighter and more accurate for both the Image X5 and Image X10 as they use armatures rather than micro driver (micro speakers) used in the Image S4 but are considerably more expensive. (MSRP 249 for X5 and 340 for X10 but well worth it I'd think if you can afford them)