How does the 2-year warranty work

Lars_R

Hi,

I am living in Germany and I am thinking about buying the Klipsch S4 via Ebay, shipped from Mumbai, India. The price difference is quite noticeable since theres only one online reseller for the Klipsch S4 in Germany. (Which is Amazon)

So it says there is a 2-year warranty on the Klipsch Image S4. I would like to know where I have to send the item in a warranty case before I buy it from India. I would not like to send it back there. Is it possible to send it directly to Klipsch with the invoice of cause? Do I have to sent it to the US or to Klipsch in Germany?

I know you would probably prefer me to buy it straight from Amazon, but since I am a student I really have to look out for my money but I dont want to miss the Klipsch S4 as well :)

So I hope you can give me some honest advice or info about the warranty.

Cheers

Lars

I reckon Amy is a employee of Klipsch right? Where do I contact her?

I am just wondering that theres no info about the warranty anywhere online. I think it should be written somewhere how the 2-year warranty works and under which conditions. For example that if you think you have a warranty case you have to contact klipsch at whatever email adress and then send the item with the invoice to a specific address. And of cause I want to know if a headphone bought from an ebay reseller in Mumbai is actually covered by this warranty as he claims or not.

This is one of the offers I am talking about:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160388177514&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_5897wt_1165

• 3 weeks later...

I would suspect that the warranty only covers sales by licensed dealers-I buy a lot of watches and Seiko won't cover a grey market watch any more than Sony will.cover a grey market pair of earbuds. (*grrrrrrr.......mdr-ex300s......*) Im new here, though, so Klipsch may very well have one of those 'we'll cover it if our name is on it" warranty's that are very rare today.

When you call Klipsch, they ask you where you bought it from so Im assuming the warranty is only valid if purchased from a licensed distributor. I dont think they will make you ship it back to the US though. They will mostly likely have a distributor in Germany that you ship to. Here in Canada, the RMA goes through Gentec and not Klipsc.