Harmon Kardon Signature Series 2.0 Preamp...

SWL

I had one for a long time, nice preamp with a bit of a warm lush sound. Not as forward and clean as newer designs, but nonetheless the HK will make all of your recordings sound enjoyable. What impressed me most about the preamp was the very wide soundstage it gave, I'm not sure that aspect has been matched by any SS preamp I've had since. It is also a very flexible and versatile preamp, easy to use and comes with a nice learning remote, and a 5.1 multi channel input. I sold mine a couple of years back for $250, that's the price range they seem to stay in.

I'm gonna pull the trigger on it. I'm just gonna use it for music so I'm not too concerned in what it's lacking. Most reviews boasted of it's exceptional sonic quality. The price is right and the owner lists it as new as new can get without being brand new right out of the box. Pics confirm.

I'll report back with my non-audiophile impressions. [;)]

I've had this since about 2002 and am very happy with it. It's a solid piece construction wise - aluminum face plate is a 3/8 inch solid chunk. 2channel is best, but it supports Dolby Digitial and DTS 5.1 as well as DTS 2ch and 4 ch.

It has the 6 channel direct inputs as well, which I now send my blueray thru to get the best movie/concert sound technology as well. There were a couple software upgrades (2.12 is the latest - but hard to get now). 2.10 is fine.

One thing - sub crossover is fixed at 100hz (would be nice to have some flexibility there), but you can still send a full signal to all speakers.

2channel is best, but it supports Dolby Digitial and DTS 5.1 as well as DTS 2ch and 4 ch.

Good, that's what I'm going to use it for.

One thing - sub crossover is fixed at 100hz (would be nice to have some flexibility there), but you can still send a full signal to all speakers.

I was afraid of that. I'll hook up some form of bass management one way or another.

I got it yesterday. Thumbs up, baby. Absolutely mint condition and the sound is excellent.

What impressed me most about the preamp was the very wide soundstage it gave

You are correct!

nice preamp with a bit of a warm lush sound.

"Smooth" as well!

I got it yesterday. Thumbs up, baby. Absolutely mint condition and the sound is excellent.

What impressed me most about the preamp was the very wide soundstage it gave

You are correct!

nice preamp with a bit of a warm lush sound.

"Smooth" as well!

Glad to hear you are liking it. Try fiddling with the balance, or front/rear fade adjustment... even when using it strictly in 2 ch, the front/rear adjustment will affect the presence and depth of the soundstage.