Center for RF-5

oogins

This has probably been asked a few times. What's a better match for the RF-5, the RC-3 or the RC-7? Klipsch recommends both but is there one that's clearly the better choice? I've been to my dealer a couple times but he's always been sold out of the RC-3 thus making it difficult to compare. My dealer isn't much help either. He recommends the RC-3 because of it's smaller size and pricetag. He said the RC-7 isn't worth getting unless I get the RF-7. Can anyone help?

This message has been edited by oogins on 03-11-2002 at 12:37 PM

A while back I upgraded my RC3 to a RC7 which I was using with RF3s (later bought RF7s too) and it was a major major improvement.

Bearing in mind that for HT the centre channel is the most important speaker, and based on my personal experience of both, I'd definitely say go with the RC7.

Regards

Darryl

If you could use an RC7 with the RF5, then could you use it with the RF3? Would that make a good HT/multi ch. music setup? Would I be wanting to buy bigger (not gonna happen) mains like the RF7?

I wouldn't do something like that if the RF7 sounded better on music then the RF3.

------------------

Matthew

Klipsch Rocks