Forte II in HT 5.1

nguyendot

So I popped in Dead Space for the Xbox 360 the other night to test out the capabilities of the new system and it was amazing!

I set the front L/R to large, center and rears to small. Sub was LFE+Mains so you get best of both worlds.

Turned the receiver to about -20db (room is 25x20) and let her rip. The game sounded so very detailed. I could hear the monsters crawling along the ground mroe accurately. What really did it for me was when a fight scene came up. Even better was the part of the game you have to run outside and hide behind walls when asteroids start bombarding the ship around you. The entire room shook like never before.

The girlfriend thought it was insane, so she went back to the bedroom to play PS3. About 3 minutes later she came out to yell at me "Oh my God, it's shaking the house clear to the other side! (60ft through a solid brick fireplace, and a few rooms). I could hear everything shaking. I simply smiled at her, said "well I achieved what I wanted", and turned everything off. Looks like a pretty good setup. We've watched a few movies on it as well. Simply stunning. Tonight? I'll try to find The Fifth Element and test. I love that movie.