The "what sub to get" thread

Hipnotic_Tranz

"The amp and pre-amp are 20 yrs. old and the pre-amp has only one out."

Ear..I was mistaken. My pre-amp has one set of outs for a stereo amp and one set of outs for a pair of mono amps. Would the mono outs work? Do I use one or both? Thanks for your assist.

Vavoline,

In the 600-$800 range you have the very good SVS CS/CS-Plus and the Paradigm PW2200 subs.

If you prefer to have an outboard amp and EQ get the SVS SC,remember you need an amp(like their Samson,at least the Samson 600 and a EQ,like the Paradigm X30)

The Paradigm PW2200 will be less expensive as a total since the EQ and amp are in the box.The Paradigm takes more floor space.Both are large,both deliver deep bass with vigor.Its your call here,with either one you are a winner.

I would use both mono outs and feed them to the sub(EQ).

Oogins,

Well I just got the Totem ROKK in black from my Klipsch dealer,I paid peanuts for this little marvel.

I am using the ROKK with my Klipsch RSW10 and Celeste 4050i integrated amp on my large PC!Yes my PC,I replaced the poor VideoloGic SiroccoPro's LOL

Damn am I sick or someting? YES I AM

Doctor where is my medication?

cwm3.gif

The resaon I use Totem minimonitors is I cwm38.gif music and muisc drives me.

Yes Vince Bruzzese is a great speaker designer,I visited his factory a few years ago,right here in Montreal!I saw the Mani Two,Model One and the then new MITE.Quite good parts quality thank you and their prefabricated cabinets are first rate.

My next stop..the awesome Mani Two. Ah the ultimate PC speakers. LOL

Soon I will compare the Totem Mani Two to the Dynaudio Contour 1.3SE,two of the best sounding monitors under $4000 US!The winner will enter my ubber PC system.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Sorry to report the facts but the Sunfire Signature has more output then the Servo-15.In a side by side comparo the Signature won the SPL contest with no trouble.

The SUnfire goes deep(16Hz)and is very musical.The SUnfire only weakness is it cant help above 80Hz,hey its a sub no.

No need to say I take my Sunfire Sig against any Paradigm subwoofer made.

TheEAR(s) Now theears