Blown Kg3

WPTalbot

I bought a pair of new Kg3's at some time in the 1990's. From what I recall they were about $500-$600 a pair. They were matched up with a Carver HR-772 Reciever. I have never been real happy with these speakers. While still under warranty one of the speakers were "blown" or some other serious failure. Through a local dealer the woofer was removed and sent in to Klipsch for repair. I got the woofer back over 1 year later. Yes I said one year. Anyway this is not about complaining but I must tell the story. Two days later the speaker blew again and has since sat in the garage. In other words I have never really been able to enjoy these speakers for any period of time. Of course I am at fault too for getting frustrated and sticking them in the garage and not sending it back in again.

The questions are: I am working on a new surround sound system (or actually would like to enjoy these speakers for once or dump them in the trash) and would like to find a way to incorporate the Carver Receiver and Klipsch Speakers into it. Is there a place I can buy just the woofer? Can I send it back to Klipsch again? Under any circumstances will they replace it or fix it for me? Can I update it with a new Klipsch woofer? Why did it break in the first place? Is the Carver to much for the speakers? (They were never really awesome) Should I ever buy Klipsch again?

I used to be in such awe of Klipsch, was so proud of them at first. This is all so disappointing as i sit here and look at this woofer sitting next to me. I think this is still the repair sticker on it.....reads.....Klipsch Inc., K-2-K,120806, Apr. 23, 1997. No other serial number or model numbers on it.

Thanks for listening and for any help,

Bill

• 3 months later...