I am about to make a final purchase (well at least hopefully final), although you never know

ehinton

I really loved the way the icon subs sound. I currently have a single sub-10, which gets the job done for now, but some frequencies i knoow im missing out on.

On paper the sub 10 has high db output that both the icon subs, but to me the icon sub sounds louder and cleaner and low, and mid volumes. Could just be the placebo effect kicking in.

If you guys/gals had a choice

Would you purchase

2 xw300d

or

1 xw500d

In theory the 500d plays a little lower, and is more powerfull/expensive, but would two subs sound better that one along. and since there would be two subs wouldn't it fill the room better.

I currently own rf -52 system with a sub 10. I like the sub ten but its not the perfect match for my towers, because the towers sound a lot tigher, will the sub 10 is all boom. If I understand what your are saying, the 10 inch icon, will sound better that two 8 inch icon subs. Thanks for you input

I realize that, and was tempted to go with an SVS sub, but I want to keep the system all klipsch, and enjoyed listening to the 8 inch icon sub. It handled the lows with much better authority that the sub-10 i have, and I was thinking that two would sound better and fill the room more uniformly than the single 10

I have been doing some reading and wonder if this is really true. If I did go with the two 8 inch subs, and set them up properly in phase with one another i will get a 6 db gain, which would place the maximum acoustic out put of the 8 to 111 db of maximum output. Along with gaining a more control bass response through the room