How to set up sub with Yamaha RX-V995

Grimer

Hi, I'm new to the forum.

I've had my system a couple of years and never really set it up properly. I have a Yamaha RX-V995. KSB-1.1's for main and rears. A KSC-C1 for center. And a KSW-12 for my sub.

Set everything to small?

What other things should receiver be set to?

Bass Extension on or off?

Low pass on sub?

anything else you can think of

thanks,

grimer

I would set the speakers to small,all of them.This way the amp does not have to work as hard and it helps clarity and overall sound quality.

Second if you have a low pass for the sub use it,the KSW 12 is of no good below 25Hz,I would say its good down to 30.The sub in ideal conditions should work from 25-80Hz.

Bass Extension on or off,err if its some kind of crappy bass boost by all means OFF.All bass and treble settings should be on FLAT.

Calibrate the output by ear,adjust the gain for each channel in the reciever menu.Do this while you sit where you will if you play a DVD or listen to music.

Reposition the sub if bass is too boomy,alonside the main wall should cancel the corner induced room "boomy boom".

Reposition the speakers if they get too boomy close to wals,angle the mains a bit.Klipsch speakers should be angled towards the listening position.Rears also can be angled.

This covers the very basic setup,hope it helps

TheEAR(s) Now theears