Speakers to go with KLF-10s

wvtroutslayer

I have a pair of KLF 10 speakers, and I am planning to complete the system. My thoughts for the center channel were the SC-1, KSC-C1, or even the KLF C7. I am leaning to the KSW 12 for a subwoofer and the SS-1 speakers for surround. What are some of your thoughts with this? Thanks in advance!

If space is not an issue find a C7 and pick up another set of KLF10s,20's or 30's(if you can find them) then move your 10's to the rear and you'ed be a force to reconed with until you meet HornEd in a dark alley.

I use a C7 and 4 KLF 30's for my rig but I'm lacking in the sub business since I'm an apartment dweller.

------------------

"FULLY LOADED"

J

After that dubious introduction by JTS8, how could I miss sharing a bit of advice. But, wvtroutslayer, it is difficult to give you good advice unless I know something about your existing gear, shape of your listening area (from an acoustics perspective) and what kind of long range system you have targeted.

First off, nothing seems to work as well with Legends as Legends. Five KLF-10's will sound better than four KLF-10's and a KLF-C7. For some time, I used a pair of KLF-30's for fronts, a KLF-C7 center, a pair of KLF-10's for side-surrounds, and a KLF-10 for a rear effects speaker. And... it was good.

Now, with six KLF-30's and a pair of C7's for Front Effects... it is fantastic. Legends are big in size but they give you a sense of being there beyond most other speakers... and certainly at their close out price ranges. Changing the motor board to mount the speakers in a "horizontalized" manner provides the ultimate center speaker... as my photos on other posts attest.

Welcome to the the Up Front Sound of Legends. cwm35.gif HornEd

------------------

HORNED'S EIGHT THEATRICAL LEGENDS, FIVE+ MUSICAL HERITAGES & A ROADIE...

SETTING THE STAGE FOR THE "THEATER OF THE MIND"...

KLF-30's: Left Main, Center Main, Right Main KLF C7's: L & R Front Effects on 5' sand filled columns

KLF-30's: Left Surround, Rear Effects, Right Surround Twin SVS CS-Ultra SubTower, Samson Megawatt Amp

KLIPSCH SPEAKER SUPPORT SYSTEMS:

Bass friendly, oversized, glove-leather LazyBoy Recliners. Mitsubishi RPHD1080i 65", Yamaha RX-V3000 Receiver

Toshiba Pro Scan 6200, Toshiba Pro 6-head SVHS W808 Upscale Monster Cables and Interconnects

CHANNELING THE MUSIC EXPERIENCE FROM 2 TO 6!

'97 Klipschorn - Mains, '99 Klipsch Belle - Center '83 Cornwall - Surrounds, '93 Academy - Rear Effects

Walnut w/ Cane Grilles. Final Amps, etc. to be determined after long discussions with Klipsch Forum Members.

THE MOVEABLE (EAR) FEAST...

Klipsched Class "A" Motorhome... an acoustics challenge in 8' x 30'... vandalized... but soon to be "On the Road Again!"

s>

troutslayer (what a great handle!) - Don't use the SC-1 or KSC-1 for a center. In fact, don't use anything but another KLF-10 or a KLF-C7. You won't be satisfied with the blending (or lack thereof) with other speakers.

If you aren't going with the HornEd Six-Pack, the SS-1s will work as rears, but may not keep up with the KLF-10s in front if you run much music through them. They will sound, uh, out of balance, I think. In the new product lineup, an RS-3 or RS-7 would be better.

Doug

------------------

My System

I have to second what JTS8 stated, especially since I've done exactly as he mentioned. Bought a pair of 10's and had them up front for a week with a C-7. Bought a pair of 30's and moved the 10's to surrounds. Will eventually go with another pair of 20's or 30's for surrounds and move the 10's to the back channel.

I'm also looking for a single 30 to convert into a center channel ala HornEd....YES he's a trendsetter!

Bass will NOT be an issue in a few weeks as my DIY sonosub will be completed. Dual Tempest 15" subs with a Hypex 500watt amp. Sub will be 28" diameter x 53" tall. Tuned to 16hz, but will go lower and good for SPL in the 120+ range. Pics to come when completed.

Happy listening...Mike

wvtroutslayer,

How can anyone not like the HornEd setup? As John Lee Hooker sang.."Boom Boom Boom Booom....."

If you are space challenged, as I am, I use RF-IIIS for surrounds along with my KLF 20's in LF and RF, C-7 center, with KSW 15 and KSW 12 subs.

Klipsch out.