How to calibrate properly? (I don't want to screw things up!)

Yawnny

Ok so well im not o very smart in this stuff maybe last 4 years i have gotten way in over my budget a little deep ! I just had to have me a pair of klipsch tho lol.... So my receiver is considered Mid Grade jeez I payed like 8 or 9 hundred lol thats alot to me :) So another receiver i been flippen around too is the Marantz how much diffrent is Marantz from Yamaha and Denon ?? The better of the 3 ? Just by here say i heard Marantz is the way to go! Well when i said i was fairly new to all this now what does DACs mean that you had stated i know the inputs outputs and the power section lol ... Well i hope i am not off topic or if it matters talkin this receiver stuff hear in a HOW to caliberate properly section?

just came across this receiver if you will check it out and get back to me on the specs of the receiver im not a big fan of this series but i want a great movie receiver period!!

I came across this Pioneer elite SC-25 so if you could check it out i would appreciate it thanks !!

Sorry, I did some research and found that your receiver is nicer than I thought. Usually the HTR series are lower-budget receivers but the specs on yours do look very good.

DACs= Digital to Analog Converters. In very general terms, the more expensive a receiver is the better that its DACs are and the better that sources that are hooked up with a digital cable (optical, coaxial, HDMI) will sound.

If you like your receiver as far as its features are concerned you should look into getting an external amplifier if you want to make an upgrade. Your Yamaha has pre-amp outputs for all its channels.

As far as Marantz vs. Denon, they are owned by the same company with Marantz being the higher-end line of the two.