RC-62 vs RC-35 with RF-82 mains

wes8398

No worries, I appreciate the extra opinion. And honestly, I was thinking the same thing as I'm certainly no audiophile. I emailed the guy selling the RC-62 and offered him $225 (plus me paying for shipping). If he goes for it then I'll get the RC-62 but if not I'll prolly just go with the RC-35 locally for $200-225. We'll see what happens. I've been searching ebay and craigslist for about 2 months now waiting for one of these to pop up at a decent price. I didn't even know about the A-gon site so thanks for showing me that guys.

Sweet! I ended up getting the RC-35 locally for $225 on Saturday. I also got a subwoofer (the RW-12D) locally for $230. Yesterday I finally got a chance to hook them both up and run the auto MCACC (calibrator software) on my Pioneer VSX-1020K. I know these kind of EQ programs aren't perfect but I don't have any other equipment (or friends who do) to do such things. I have a couple questions and I can make new topics if needed but they are probably easily answered. 1. Is the center speaker supposed to be marked as "small" for speaker type in the receiver settings? The MCACC ran and marked the RF82s as "large" and even my rears but the center is marked as "small". I don't really mind as long as this is correct. Any info would be helpful. 2. To hookup the RW-12D, can I just connect the subwoofer cable from the subwoofer port on my receiver to the Left stereo port (white) on the back of the RW-12D? I have searched on this and even read one topic on these forums regarding it and someone said you can connect it to either one while someone else no you should get a Y splitter and plug it into both.

By no means am I a technical guru, but my RC-35 is labelled as "large" in my Yamaha receiver. I wanted the low range from it. It didn't sound right to me when it was labelled as "small". My surround speakers are the RS-42's (iirc) and they're set up as "small". The sub picks up their low-end.

I appreciate your input. Hmm, did it automatically label it as that or did you change it then? I could easily change mine to large too and see if I like it better. By surround speakers do you mean the rears? If so, they shouldn't be passed too many low end sounds right?

Also, referring back to my 2nd question I have noticed that the subwoofer only seems to be noticeable when surround sound content is being played (Blu rays from PS3, streaming DTS or DD5.1 HD video from server, etc.). When I play music via the same source that streams the video content the sub doesn't seem to be doing much. After reading some things it seems this might be because of my hookup directly to the Left (white) stereo audio port in the back of the sub. Anybody have info on that claim?