Redesigned DIN plug maybe?? pics!!

Top-Ace

Hello yall. My name is Scott and a couple days ago I purchased a new set of promedia 2.1's. They have now replaced my old (7 years?) Promedia A-GMX's, which still work like new (if you maintain the pot switch) which will probably be hooked up to my TV now. These sound a bit better all around, and I like them. They are hooked up to onboard sound and I'm playing god knows what quality mp3's, so they might sound quite a bit better with a proper source.

I wish someone made a proper sound card that will work with Windows 7 64 bit.

Anyway, I took a pic of the DIN plug b/c I believe it has been redesigned, so maybe the new ones won't have all the issues. Sorry Mr Clean! Looks like a beefy 90 degree guy.

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

i just got my set replaced and they have that exact same din plug.

and you should check out asus sound cards my Xonar D2X is fine in both vista 64 bit and windows 7 64 bit. not to mention the awesome music making bundle that comes with them..... ableton 8, sonar 8.5, project5 2.0, dimension LE, cakewalk, rightmark RMAA 6.06, power dvd 8 along with a cd/wave converter for wma/mp3, etc.

the bundle alone is worth the price of admission.

it's a pci-e card.... they have other cards and most if not all got great reviews

Yeah, I just got a few of the new ones in myself, I will do some strain testing on them soon to see if they are any better than the old ones, I can say right off the bat that they look like they would be better for those that have their subs against the wall, but alot of the repairs I get are from people kicking/pushing the cable with their feet, that is what I am interested in testing for, if this is better, then way to go Klispch, bout time! lol. But yes, that would be bad for me, lol.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I just ordered one, It should be here within the week.

I got frustrated when i was rewiring my 2.1 becuase i could get left and right audio working, but nothing else. Then i would get sub working but nothing else. And almost ALWAYS, my volume control was reversed. So i'd tun the nob to min, and i'd get a little bit of volume, and I'd turn it to max and get nothing. Every seeng anything like that before?

Anyways, I'll let you know how the new control pod works. Hopefully the volume reversal thing is in the pod, and not on the sub and board.