Question about quintets for ht system

Shiplemw1

Hello all,

I recently acquited a jvc receiver rx-1028vbk and now have all the plugs and hookups and inputs and outputs I could possibly need for the years to come. My question is as follows:

I owned a set of klipsch pro-media v.2-400's for approx: 3 days and loved their sound, highs, mids were fine and the sub oh my, beats that damn 100 watt jvc I've had for years all to heck...

I returned the klipsch due to a static noise when adjusting the volume but anyway..

The quintets are basically the same speaker except a larger driver, they are ported and can handle more power. I'm thinking of buy a quintet system (4 sats and 1 center). I'm not sure which sub I would end up buying though as I haven't thought through all my options. But I can get a good deal on the quintets and would like to see if anyone else had any experience with them. The room they will be used in is a college dorm room with concrete block walls and approximately 10'x15' but later on (summer ) they will be used in a larger room 22'x22'.

My system as currently is:

jvc rx-1028 vbk

infinity ref71 mkII 3-ways

crappy jvc surrounds and center

no dvd player as of yet

Any opinions on subs that can be used with this system? thanks mike

I believe I will upgrade to a dvd player and then.. I will upgrade my speakers so as to see an overall improvement, major improvement is most likely to be seen. My only concern is that once I find "the system" that rocks for my combo and room at home, I will most likely have to move back into the dorm or into the fraternity house, and I don't want to put expensive speakers in jeopardy. Maybe I'll end up buying 4 quintet sats and a larger center (maybe ksc1, would that be timbre matched to the quints?) and then if I want more sound from the mains, I may upgrade my ht experience with a seperate amp and new (read bigger) speakers. I'll have to give it some thought....

Go with the Synergy System 6. No I don't own them I have the Reference Series so that's not why I'm recomending the System 6. The System 6 IMO blows away any speaker package in that price range including the Quintets & the Energy Take 5 that gets recomended so much at the Home Theater Forum.