Heresy I's, Thinking Ahead

Rivernuggets

I haven't even started updating them yet (here's the thread http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/129439.aspx) but there are black Heresy grilles on Ebay and I'm thinking of getting them for my Heresy I Decorators. Decorators are to be naked and drooled over, but I know my young son will not leave them be. Those woofers will be like a bullseye to him. Thinking about veneering over the Heresys and installing disc magnets where velcro spots normally are, in the speaker and the grilles.

Here are my questions. Should I even go the grille route with these? If so, the grilles will protrude off the front of the motorboard without a wood border - think it would look ugly?

edit: Should have said I hope to have the magnets under the veneer, out of view. That way I can remove the grilles and have the Decorator in all its beauty. It all works so well in your head before the project, doesn't it?

FWIW Decorator Heresys were intended to be customized.

Thanks for the encouragement and how you did your grilles. I need to get my brain used to the idea of modding these. Keep double guessing, like it would be graffiti-ing vintage beauties, even though they are rough right now. Gotta save some $ and figure out the plan start to finish, then I'll be mentally ready.