Lexicon selling rebranded Oppo BDP-83 for $3500

Saturn5

Well, I guess the only brand that you can rely on nowadays is McIntosh. Eventhough that they are own by the Japanese, their products are still made in the good old USA and their transformers are still hand wound - every single one of them.

My McIntosh MX130 (6-Channel THX Preamp) carried a 5-Year warranty. After three years, I had a problem with a little mechanical door on the front. I called McIntosh and they told me to pack it up and take it to the dealer where I bought it and they will handle the packing and shipping to McIntosh. Ten days later I received the unit back directly from McIntosh via UPS and insured by McIntosh

for the original value, $4800 (I did not pay a penny for shipping). The unit was packaged in a brand new double boxes, wrapped

in factory plastic with the cord securely packaged and the plug capped

in hard plastic so it wouldn't damage or scratch the face-plate. When I opened the unit, it looked almost brand new. The mechanical door problem is gone. There was an inch crack or so in the glass faceplate which I did not mention but they replaced it anyway. The glass faceplate alone cost $250.00. How's that for customer service. What company will do this for you? McIntosh is a legend and will remain so for a long time.

You are wrong. Buy a XPA-5 and check it out for yourself. Or, call Emotiva and ask - they come out of the same factory (I beleive in Taiwan). The "insides" and construction are almost identical. BTW....I did not use the term "rebadged".....they are very similar.

From the manufacturers home pages .Parasound 5250 250w x 5 at 8ohms , 385w x 5 at 4ohms .02 thd normal , .025 thd at full power2 toroidal power transformersEmotiva XPA-5200w x 5 at 8ohms , 300w x 5 at 4ohms.1 thd1 toroidal power transformerAfter further research , yes the Parasounds components are manufactured in Taiwan then assembled in the USA . And also to be fair the Emo's specs from the product page differ from the users manual . Not sure what's going on there because if you dig further there is a review that states different specs as well . The Parasound claims 45 amps peak current per channel , I could not find the Emo's specs in this regard . Perhaps they share some of the same circuitry and parts , maybe from the same plant but the only thing they are similar in is the physical size . Emo does have the better warranty , 5 yrs vs 3yrs . I weighed all of this before I purchased my Parasound last year . My deciding on the Parasound was that I had already heard it with Klipsch Heritage almost 5 years ago and Parasound has been making power amps for a long time . I went with a proven product and at less than $1.5k shipped I am quite happy with my 5250 .Now back to the topic of what Lexicon has done follow Saturn 5's link . All Lexicon did was change the front and rear plates of the Oppo , thats it ! They should be ashamed .