Split La Scala tops

squawker

I finally found a pair of Split La Scala tops, Industrial type for my industrial lowers. I was surprised to find K77s inside. I never really stopped to think when they started making these uppers- does any one know? The fuse labeling is also misleading. The way they are wired is: LF is the fuse to the whole upper unit and lower cab, or input to the xover, and the HF fuse is on the output of the xover to the midrange horn. The asking price was 1500, I offered 700 (too much), and ended up paying 400 on the fourth listing. Go figure!

I finally found a pair of Split La Scala tops, Industrial type for my industrial lowers. I was surprised to find K77s inside. I never really stopped to think when they started making these uppers- does any one know? The fuse labeling is also misleading. The way they are wired is: LF is the fuse to the whole upper unit and lower cab, or input to the xover, and the HF fuse is on the output of the xover to the midrange horn. The asking price was 1500, I offered 700 (too much), and ended up paying 400 on the fourth listing. Go figure!

I told her they were only worth $350, and she offered them to me for $400 before the last $1,000 buy it now went down and they were re-listed for $400. I was watching all 5 auctions since they orriginally were listed with a $1500 buy it now.

Enjoy them..... Roger

Thanks Roger. These don't turn up very often and another pair turned up locally for $200, but they need a lot of cleaning and paint and have a different (later) set of parts. Either would have worked for me but I like the ones I got. I only counted 4 listings unless, somehow, I missed the first. Looking at ebay prices for years and the fact that these sealed cabs are super clean inside, I would say there is at least $500 of parts inside.

Mark