Do SE triode amps have to be faint hearted?

arco

Oh No!

I knew big power triodes existed, but what about a current build 150W/ch amp with a 4200V PS and 400W plate dissipation?

Just go to http://www.teresaudio.com/haven/ and visit Orey Block's system (under: Friends Systems). I just wonder what kind of speakers he is driving...

Aristidis

www.aca.gr/pop_coumpas.htm

This message has been edited by arco on 03-14-2002 at 02:55 AM

Just what I was looking for with a new child on the way and 2 dogs!!!

I am sure it sounds great but there have to be some limits for the sake of practicality..

------------------

2 * Heresy 2 (mains)

2 * Homemade horn speakers (rears)

1 * REL Strata 3 sub

Accuphase E211 amp.

Tube monoblocks with separate pre-amp (DECWARE ZTPRE with separate beefed up PSU)

Marantz CD6000 player

Sony NS900 SACD/DVD player

Stax Headphones (on loan to a friend)

Humax 5400 digital satellite receiver

Sharp Video

32" Sony flat screen 16:9 TV

Mogami interconnects

Silver Synergistic speaker cable

Thanks, Chris. Thought I recognized that beastie, but couldn't place it...

And for those of you who don't know how a flux capacitor works, here, curteousy of Richard Schedler's website at http://www.schedler.org , is the explination:

Like any capacitor, a flux capacitor holds a charge. In the case of the Flux Capacitor, it holds an antimatter charge capable of negating the space-time warp pressure which holds each one of us in our own "present". In the same way as radioactive matter has a "critical mass" that, if exceeded, causes a chain reaction, anti-matter has a space-time limit (somewhere just over 60mph) which, if exceeded, causes a reverse or fast-foreward of time and space, depending on which way it is sensitized (+ or -) before the acceleration. The mass of the antimatter determines the volume of the environment which is transferred in this way: use of a stainless-steel (magnetised) container (a deLorean) distorts the inherently spherical environment so that only the car and its travelers get transferred, not bits of the roadway underneath them as well (which is why you can't replicate the experiment with your old Ford Edsel).

You're welcome.

Ray

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

Ray's Music System

Very, very dangerous. I wouldn't wear a watch or wedding ring near that exposed thing. Makes a great heater in the winter!

It may sound wonderful & dynamic. Definitely a bang for a buck!

Hope he doesn't electrocute himself or others.

Remember the 1st watt is the most important. Paul Klipsch once said what the world really needs is a good 5 watt amplifier!

Have fun & enjoy,

Pete Pete's System (s)