Integra 6.9...

jrod

Does anyone have any experience with the Integra 6.9? I'm looking to upgrade receivers and I like the specs of this one (plan on adding either a xpa-3 or -5 later). Plus, I know Integra (Onkyo) has a really good reputation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I have the Onkyo TX-SR705 which is the Onkyo equivalent of the DTR-6.8. I am using it as a pre/pro with a 200w/ch B&K 3 channel amp powering a pair of RF-63's and an RC-64. I have no complaints about the sound with 2 channel or HT. Reliable and filled with all the bells and whistles. One thing I will say is that you need to move up to the DTR-7.9 or 8.9 to get the better power supply and DACS.

Some on the forum have been displeased with the performance of Onkyo/Integra with Klipsch for 2 channel but praise them for HT. Most of those complaints have been directed at the mid level receivers and lower. I have not heard anything negative about the Onkyo 875/876, 905/906, and the Integra 8.8/8.9 with 2 channel or HT. With my experience with Onkyo/Integra, I am planning on eventually moving up to one of there dedicated pre/pros.

Bill

Thanks Bill, appreciate the reply. One question:

Through my internet research I've notice the only difference b/w the 6.9 and the 7.9 is the power (100w vs 130w, respectively). The DACS seem to be the same. Am I mistaken? As far as the power goes, I plan on adding a 3-channel amp later on down the road (Emotiva xpa-3).

Thanks for the help.

Jarrod

Through my internet research I've notice the only difference b/w the 6.9 and the 7.9 is the power (100w vs 130w, respectively). The DACs seem to be the same. Am I mistaken?

I think you are right about the 6.9 and 7.9. There is a big difference between the 6.8 and 7.8, about 20 pounds and both DACs and power supply. As I said before, I like the sound of my Onkyo/B&K/Klipsch combo. Adding the B&K amp to my Onkyo really opened my system up and the seperation of instruments really came through. For overall musicality, Marantz may be a better choice, but Integra/Onkyo does a very respectable job with music and home theater.

Bill

Thanks again Bill!

I primarily use my system for HT (70 HT/30 music), and I've read really good things about Onkyo/Integra in HT. And, like I said, more power will come down the line.

I've found the 6.9 in really good condition for about $500.00. What do you think about that price?

Jarrod