speaker contacts on Denon 3802?

onemike

Hello!

I just received my new Denon 3802 receiver and I have a problem right from the start. As speaker contacts I have these thick plug-ins, we call them banana plug-ins here in Sweden and maybe you do to, and on my former Sherwood receiver the only thing I had to do was to take out the little plugs on the speaker connectors and then plug in the bananas there. But now on the Denon I just can´t seem to take these plugs out so I don´t know what to do. Also, the connectors on the Denon are a little bit longer than on the Sherwood and if it so, that the bananas should be plugged in from behind so to speak, I get a feeling that they are to short to make a correct connection. It doesn´t seem right that I have to unscrew the connectors and force the bananas in there and then screw it back again. If some words seem funny to you guys it´s just because I don´t have the right ones to explain my problem. Please help me with my dilemma. Regards. Mike

You probably made the same mistake as I did - you read the manual first. Denon is almost backwards - common sense tends to drive the installation better than their written directions.

Congrats - hope you find the unit as pleasing as I have.

------------------

Hwatkins