Mounting hardware for RS 52 rear speakers & center channel RC 52

code_red63366

Gee, thanks guys. I have been mulling over some ideas for wall-mounting RB-61's front and back, and a RC-62 in center (above the tv slightly and in line with the RB-61's) and had not found a good solution yet. But all your input has given me some good options. I found a TVM13 PRO on the first mentioned Omni 'commercial' site that looks like it would work, though I don't know the cost yet and will look at other options if it is as costly as it looks. It holds up to 60 lbs so pretty beefy and may work for the center speaker as well. Not sure I want the speakers too far out from the wall but for the back 61's with the 12.5" depth it will allow turning them in the correct direction. Seems to be a lot of versatility though I will look further at some of the other sites mentioned. Am considering RS-62's for sides in future and all would be handled, along with RPW-10 sub, by Yamaha RX-V863. Does this sound workable? Again, thanks for the ideas and any future input on my choices. T.T.

Mike, you will have to do something custom because as another forum member said those are meant to be flush mounted. there are ppl here that have angled surrounds downward. I think they made custom shelving. Dtel might be able to help you.

One note. I know you said that the picture configuration wont be your setup. But just make sure nothing is at least a foot in diameter of your floor speakers. You dont want resonation. The 63's creat alot of bass and would resonate anyting too close to them.

For the center channel I would make a custom floor stand for it and placed right under the wall mounted TV

-Monty

The center channel speaker will have to go above the TV. As much as i would like to put it below, my 1 year old duaghter is not gonna allow that, she will have her hands all over it in no time. its going above the TV about 10 inches to clear the tv. I have an Omni mount for the television . Its Model U3 or T3 (something like that). What i have discovered is the rear TV mount brackets stick up from the TV leaving me room to cuctom make a set of brackets/ mount to bolt up directly from tthe TV mount to the center channel speaker. Im having this done thru a good friend of mine who owns a machine shop. He said no problems and is in the process of making the mount, including making it adjustable(so i can angle it downwards) the center channel should not be no more than a foot from the R63's. Best part of all , out of the reach of my duaghter. The TV mount is rated for 200 lbs. right now it is supporting probably close to 100lbs.So it should easily handle the center channel speaker and mounting hardware. When he is done with the mount , I will ask him if he doesnt mind me posting his company's name or contact info (for those who will face the same issue in the future.)He can pretty much make just about any kind of mount/stand that you desire and has been doing this kinda work now for a very long time. When he is done with my mount, i will take pictures and post the mount by itself and then installation plus final setup. Im looking at maybe sometime this week (02 -22) or next week(03 -01).

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am interested to know how this project turned out for you. I was online today looking for a mount for the same center speaker RC-52. I have a fireplace with limited space around my flat screen. I am about to put up the mantel, currently I just have the speaker on a shelf. I couldn't find a mantel with enough depth for the speaker so after weighing my options I think it will be cheaper to mount the speaker elsewhere than to pay for a custom built mantel. I am thinking about mounting the center speaker on the wall to the right of the television set, not sure if what you used would work for me also but I am very interested to see how yours turned out. Please post your pictures and let me know. I have attached a picture of the area that I am working with right now.fireplace

Photobucket