Mounting hardware for RS 52 rear speakers & center channel RC 52

code_red63366

Ok im new here. Have done a little research through the forums to find the best speaker mounts and looks like omni is becoming more of my choice. Now my question is do the Omni 20.5's mount directly to the hanger hole screws that are already on the back of these speakers? Will i have to drill any holes in the speakers . I would really rather not do this , maybe someone else can chime in here. Also on the center channel speaker, i havent seen much on mounts for these, just a few pricy ones here and there. I was wondering if someone could give me some info on the centers also. Once again center speaker model number is RC52 and the 2 rears are both RS 52's. Looks like i will be buying these online since not many stores around me stock nor carry these speaker mounts.[:S]

First off, welcome to the forums. Please, DO NOT DRILL HOLES INTO YOUR SPEAKERS! I'm not sure why you think you need mounts for your RS-52's or even your RC-52? The RS-52's have keyhole brackets on the back of each speaker for mounting on the wall. I recommend flush mounting them instead of "aiming" them with speaker mounts. They are built to flushmount directly to the wall or even use on stands if need be. Just make sure you find a stud when drilling and mounting. If you can, place them about 2 feet above seated head height. Place them left and right of your seating area, a tad behind is fine, but NOT in front.

I'm not quite sure why you want to mount your RC-52 either. A picture of what you are working with will help out alot. Do you have an entertainment center, a shelf under your display?

No Daryl I havent an entertainment center and didnt want to drill any type of holes in the speakers, thats why i came on here to get better advice. I will take a pic of the whole set up tonight and post the pic. The center channel has nothing to rest on (TV is flat panel plasma, wall mounted; I have a cabinet i keep in the corner for my recievers and all. and the real reasoning for mounting these speakers : KIDS!!!) I have a 1 year old who is constantly getting into things, plus the teenagers. I like mounting the speakers a little up high, keeps them safe up there, Pictures to come tonight per request

i do not have this set up the way i plan for it, just wanted to get all the speakers in one shot. The reciever is a harmon Kardon AVR 7000 TV is a Panasonic 50" plasma , floor speakers are RF 63 center channel is RC 52 and rears are RS 52. I recently purchased the speakers (all 4 of them ) for under 2000.00 Close out deal. I just need to know the best way of mounting the rear speakers to where they point downwards and which mounts will line up wiht the keyole screws in the back of them. Then was wanting to know the best mount for the center channel. I Plan on putting it directly above the flat panel hanging on the wall

Sweet! Your gonna love those RF-63! However, your RC-52 is not going to keep up with those 63's. You can try it out and listen for yourself, but I can assure you your going to be missing ALOT of what the RC-62 or better yet, the RC-64 has to offer. If money isn't tight and you can afford to upgrade your center, DO IT. I'd rather have no surrounds and the best center channel anyday. If you end up getting the RC-64, I'd find a stand to put it on. Do a search here in the forums for "RC-64 stands" and you'll get some ideas. If it were me, and money was tight, I'd seriously consider selling the RS-52's and RC-52 to get the RC-64. Then, you will have an awesome front stage and you can always get surrounds later down the road. If money isn't that tight, sell your RC-52 and upgrade to either the RC-62, or if you can, the RC-64. But that's just me.. Hopefully, other's will chime in and give their opinions. I'm sure Wuzzer is just turning his computer as we speak. He's a crafty vertran who give's great advice.

• Moderators

I will have to agree with Daryl on several thoughts.

your RC-52 is not going to keep up with those 63's.

I heard the RC-52 with the RF-82's and it couldn't keep up with them either.

I'd rather have no surrounds and the best center channel anyday.

With the center channel in movies receiving close to 80% of everything you hear, I would say that the center channel and the sub are THE MOST IMPORTANT components of a good HT.

Ok now that we have clarified that my speakers are a mismatch, can i please get an answer as to which mounts will bolt directly up to my center channel and rear speakers.Some one has to have these speakers and has found a mounting device that worked fairly well or in my case gave them the option of adjusting the speaker angles.If you do not have the answer im looking for i would appreciate it just leave the other comments out of it, like i said im not wanting to know about mismatches just the correct mounting hardware to use on these speakers for my application i have described above. Please no disrespect just some options and answer for getting these mounted. thank you

I have a suggestion, take it or leave it. You might consider mounting the center below your Panny, as opposed to above. That way your drivers (left/center/right) will be closer aligned and give you a more seemless front sound stage. Just my humble opinion.

As for mounting... I'm not going to be much help to you (I'm tool challenged). Maybe a simple shelf with two "L" brackets and a piece of wood painted black to match the speaker so it blends? I'm sure you've already thought of that. Can't help you with the rears, I have RB-15's (bookshelves) that sit on stands.

Jrod

Thanks. I do not have the money to upgrade to those speakers, i bought all5 speakers as a package deal, so the 52's will have to do me for now. I have also used searchengines on mounts for these speakers, omni is the onyl one so far that has come close, prob with there mounts is they wont match up to the pre existing holes i already have in the back of these speakers, done all the measurements, no go.Seems the only solution i have is fabrication of a plate to accept the speaker holes and an omni mount. calling there company didnt do much good either for the only deal with contractors, which they gave me a number to a local contractor. i called him and he wants to intall them and chose the mounts. Not much on giving me info. guess my next step is to call klipsch personally, if that will even do any good

Here is a wall mount that you can use for your RS-52. They can be angled and turned, I have similar ones for my RS-62 and they are perfect.

As far as the center channel speaker, where are you going to have it located to your TV, is that picture the correct placement? If it is you can always get a shelving unit and use the single bolt on the bottom to angle the speaker. You might want to put a piece of wood on the front of the shelf just in case, so the speaker can't slide or move off.

James

Looks like you have plenty of room to put your RC-52 on a stand. I'd measure the from the floor to the bottom of the display and try and find a stand that sit's as high as you can go to put the tweeters as close to the same height as possible. Looks like a stand would be perfect. They're pretty inexpensive too. Check out this stand... They have different heights...

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_3260000000089658P?vName=For+the+Home&psid=FROOGLE&sName=Media+Furniture&cName=MediaRoom&sid=KDx20070926x00003a

here they are.The handle up to 20lbs, 60* up and down rotation, plus side to side rotation. read 4 reviews on these mounts. They plus part for me , the will mount up to the already pre existing holes i have in the back of the speakers. Im buying them today. as for the center channel mount, Im gonna have a custom one made from alocal machine shop that i know. My TV wall mount holds up to 200 pounds. it has 2 attachment arms that come up from the mounting bar with alreayd existing multiple mounting holes. im gonn ahave a dual bracket and mount made to were i can tie into the already pre existing holes in the center channel speaker(the one's used for the stand. Anywyas here is the link to the Peerless (rear channel) speaker mounts

http://www.projectorzone.com/img/prod/pdf/SPK811.pdf