Any thoughts on the Oppo BDP-80???

davebfpd

I have been looking at this unit, it seems like a great deal. I do not have much backround on blu-ray or the SACD format that it will also do. So i was wondering if anyone out there had any input, i am kinda concerned about the size of my TV MITS 65 HD DLP as they say on website it is Not Recommended for larger TVs. I have my system in my profile i am "thinking" this will work just fine with the reciever i have. Again guys thanks for listening to my questions, everyone has always been a great help.

Well after listening to what USNRET said (thanks by the way) i called oppo tech support. The guy i talked to said they consider 60 inch + to big, he went on to say that with a large display any inperfections would be more noticeable. I understand what he is saying but what i dont understand is why no other blu-ray player has the restiction? The only thing i could think of is that he is reffering to the upscale, i dont know. Just thought i would share if anyone has more input that would be great.