To rebuild or buy????????

Pete H

I own a few Carver m200t's that I was planning on using to power my Jamboree project if I go active crossovers, so I found a guy through Audiokarma and TNRabbit, that is the authorized Carver repair business. The owners name is Rolland and what a great guy, Carver Audio Repair Center in Oregon. So here's the story, all of these amps need to be rebuilt, due to the age, and it's going to cost about $300 per amp to get that done which puts my total cost at $1200 for the entire deal on 3 amps. I think I need to ditch this idea and just go buy the new amps that I will need to do this. Any thoughts? BTW, if you are a Carver enthusiast, this guy is the real deal, I e-mailed him this morning and he called me back personally this afternoon and spent 40 minutes on the phone discussing my options, horns, compression drivers, to the point that I'm going to send him one of the amps, just because I know he's going to put his heart and soul into it. What a refreshing experience!.....................................So with $1,200 as the budget to purchase amps to drive the project, what does the group have to say??????

My vote..............get new, updated technology.

Emotiva products..................for that price you could power the Met Stadium....................

Think of all the Money you'd save, buying New, helping the Economy, updated technology...............

Old things are nice, but reality says...........buy new, with a warranty and Move On !

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/129404.aspx

My vote..............get new, updated technology.

Emotiva products..................for that price you could power the Met Stadium....................

Think of all the Money you'd save, buying New, helping the Economy, updated technology...............

Old things are nice, but reality says...........buy new, with a warranty and Move On !

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/129404.aspx

I am thinking of a combination. Send one out and invest the money to have it brought back to new spec., and move forward with an Emotiva purchase, that way I'm helping to companies. LOL What I would accomplish with sending one out to have it professionally done is to first, have one that I know will be stable for years to come, and it would also provide a before and after should I decide to revamp the others, I'm sure I could detail out the parts and do the other 2 myself with one sitting right beside me. In fact, while I'm sitting here, I've made the decision to send him one regardless. Anyone that takes the kind of time that he did to discuss details of a build that he will not benefit from at all is a person that's functions in business the same way I try to, believing that it all comes around. I have people contact me regarding modular and pre fab housing from all over the country and even though I don't do business where they are building, I will always take the time to try and put them in touch with the best manufacturer for their area, and in many cases can get them directly with a builder that I know that can help them out.

Thanks guys! All of you were right.

move forward with an Emotiva purchase,

I'm not sure Klipsch and Emotive is a good match. They may be a bit dry for horns from what I have read. (I sent back the CD player, nice unit construction but not very musical).

Thanx, Russ

I'm not planning on using SS amps for the top end, only on the bass section and for that, I think the Emotiva will do the job based on the many forum members that use them. The great thing about that company is if I don't like what they do, I can send it back.