PARADIGM SERVO-15 vs DEFINITIVE TECH PF15TL+

Lyrical man

Hey guys,

Which sub would you go for. All i know about the two is that they are both 15 inch subs, and that the paradigm uses servo technology. What the heck is servo technology. If the servo technology does make the sub sound better, why. Also which sub will give me tighter bass and more spl at 20 hz, will the servo be the winner in that department since it is a sealed sub while the PF15TL+ is a ported sub. I have no idea i am totaly new to this subwoofer thing, and need your help. By the way i did consider SVS, HSU, and other, but living in canada it's just to damn expensive. That is why i am looking at subs like the SERVO and PF15TL+. Oh ya i did also check out the PW-2200, but it just won't sound right in my room since it is rear ported and i am limited on space, plus i think the servo is supposed to be cleaner (I THINK!).

ADDITIONAL INFO:

I listen to all types of music from R&B to classical.

My room is about 2200 cubic feet.

The sub will be crossed at 80 hz with my Klipsch refrence RF-3 mains.

Sorry for the long talk. Thanks Anyways!

Easy choice here,very easy.The Paradigm Servo-15 takes the deep bass output category as well as the cleanest sub award.The Servo-15 is as clean as Velodyne HGS series!As the HGS and Servo series use a comparator circuit to lower distortion well below the classic design subs.

The Paradigm Servo sub is as clean as clean gets,it has plenty of power unless you need TheEAR sub power and will match any speakers.Plus you get a proven design,the outboard X30 crossover is very flexible.What is more,the Servo-15 extends below 16Hz and will be a great sub for RF-3's as well as for Dynaudio Contour 3.3's.In a few words ITS A GREAT SUB FOR THOSE WHO VALUE QUALITY OVER QUANTITY.

The Definitive is not as refined,not a linear and below 20Hz its a mess.

Paradigm Servo-15 by early 2nd round knockout!

Not open for debate

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Hmm one Servo-15 is good to about 108dB,so if you dont listen a ear tearing volumes you are in the safe zone.

If you want the most SPL for the dollar and still get good sub bass quality two PW2200 subs will no doubt get you over 6dB more output above 25Hz when compared to the Servo-15.

The best price I had on the Servo-15 is still over the double you pay for one PW2200.SO the PW2200 is the better value no doubt.

I would still get the Servo-15,its so damn accurate.And its a sealed sub,no port noise just deep clean sub bass.Think of it as a Velodyne HGS-15 with less output(the Velo is much more expensive in Canada,in the US both are priced about the same).

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Hey ear,

So are you saying that the servo can put out 108 db at 25 hz. Wow in what size room would this do that in. Any idea what it would put out in my 2200 cubic foot room at 25 hz as well as 20 hz no more than one metre away in a corner.By the way you guys did not anwser one question i had. Will the servo produce tighter bass than the PW-2200 since it is sealed.

Thats it thanks!

Yes the Servo-15 is more accurate(read tight)then the PW2200.If anybody tells you its not dont listen and slowly walk away.

The Servo-15 swith corner loading should give you around 104-106dB at 25Hz with no problem in your room,unless it has open spaces.Cant say for sure,you will have to try it out.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I would definately get the servo 15. It is much tighter than the PW-2200. If music listening is your thing, the servo would be hard to beat. I have heard the 2200 a few times, and it is an excellent sub for the price, but is a little boomy.

Get a Bose subwoofer, they are the best. The commercial says the have better sound because they actually "research" sound and "bend" that waves to lessed distortion and to make more bass from a smaller speaker! They use a special woofer that is custom made for them, so they are better.

Isn't that amazing!!!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Yes, by all means, if you can swing a blose 'acoustimass' bass module, I would go that route. The TWIN! 5 1/4" paper woofers can pound your chest so hard it will make you feel like a CPR dummy. Don't you realize that if you do enough 'research' you can change the laws of physics?

My vote also goes to those bose subwoofers (bass modules). There is nothing that can beat them in terms of sound quality and quantity. Don't even hesitate to get one. They beat the crap out of sunfires, velodynes, and svs's.

(***note the extreme sarcasm***)

-UP

------------------

Liv Tyler as Arwen: "If you want him, come and claim him!" - Translation: "I am very hot."

Dr B0$e said his ACOUSTICMESS super woofers can reach 50Hz with zero,zero definition and zero musicality!

Dr B0$e also said sound must be reflected like a boomerang and bounce of your chest!

Indeed twin "paier mache"cones,stapled steel woofers with 20oz magnets and 1" voice coil move so much air its scary.And with a linear of 5 microns the B0$e customer knows its better distortion thru brainwash!

Yes folks B0$e is backed by a warranty and ForrestHump will answer all your questions regarding Bo$e.Forrset is a B0$e fanatic and known expert!

Way to go AcousticMess,way to go Forrest!

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I used to do a lot of data comparison before I bought my sub. As soon as I finally made up my mind and bought one home after auditioning for different subs, I forgot about the specs of all different subs, including the one I bought! Instead, I have a big smile on my face every time I play my favourite DVD's like The Hell Freezes Over & U-571. Guess what I got? The Paradigm Servo-15.

------------------

The more I know the less I understand