Pioneer Elite BDP-23FD for $249 shipped

bulld0g4

I want to pass along what i think is a great deal, and I have a question...

I recently purchased a new TV and Receiver to upgrade my media room. After the Geek Squad guys who delivered my TV explained that the my PS3 wasn't the newest version, and won't deliver true HD audio to my receiver, I was certainly disappointed. My receiver is VSX-23TXH and even though I was able to find it at a phenomenal price, I already have the "should I have bought the SC-25?" syndrome. I decided today to do a little research on a nice BD player. I found what appears to be a great deal on the Pioneer Elite BDP-23FD. Does anyone have this, or know anything about it? I found it at Vanns for $249 shipped with a free (Auioquest?) HDMI cable. I am not sure if the cable is worth anything, and the debate on HDMI cables will probably be long lived, but for free I can't complain. Since the receiver and BD player are both Pioneer they are able to share some info making the setup easier I believe. I just ordered this, but I want to make sure that I don't have the "Should I have bought the Oppo" regret, if that's even possible. I just want t make sure that the BD player is on par with my TV (Panny TCP65v10). I know it's not 3D and I don't really care as my receiver won't support HDMI 1.4 anyway.

Input?

Ans for those that thought I was nuts going from Heritage to RF for my surround system... You were correct! I am setting my Heresy II's back up and I have a 5th OTW for the center channel. Until it arrives I am running three for the front stage and I'll probably hook up the brand new, but soon to go to a new home RS-52's.

Does this madness ever stop?

BTW I in no way, shape or form have any affiliations with Vanns.