Help needed with split Cornscala project

Pete H

I'm getting ready to start building a split Cornscala and based on what I want for a finished height and the components that I'm using, the box configuration will change from an original Cornwall, quite a bit. I need someone to run the TS numbers and bass cabinet specs through a solid speaker design program to assist me in determining weather or not I should consider changing the port system or dimensions from the Cornwall, based on the dimensional changes to the bass box. I guess what I'm really looking for is a calculated goal for the bass box performance, prior to starting this, so I can make any adjustments now instead of after they are built.

Box External Dimensions (Bass Bin)

28.5"x26.5"x20" (HxWxD)

Box Internal Dimensions (Bass Bin)

26"x24"x17.25" or 6.229 Cu' (Box will be constructed with Baltic Birch 3/4 ply on the exterior with laminated 1/2" MDF on the inside of the box) no additional internal bracing will be used, as it shouldn't be necessary based on the construction.

Driver................ CW1526C and the following are the TS parameters that Bob sent me.

Here are the T/S for the CW1526C.

CW1526C cast frame.

FS is 26.3, Re is 3.36, VAS is 506.3 Liters, BL is 12.49, QM is 9.93, QE is 0.27, QT is 0.26. Sensitivity is 97 db. Coil is 1 mH.

Pmax is 150 watts. Xmax is 7.15 mm, MMS is 75.5 grams, Cms is 0.486 mm/N
FYI the top section will use a wood tractrix horn with Bob's Atlas PD5-VH mid drivers and CT125 Tweeters.

• 2 weeks later...