I finally got my new receiver, the Denon 3802 and my setup is now as follows:

-Denon 3802 receiver

-Klipsch KLF 20´s as fronts

-Klipsch KLF C-7 as front center

-Klipsch RC-3 as rear center

-Klipsch KSP S-6 as surrounds

-Yamaha YST-SW800 as sub

I have a few questions that I hope that someone could help me with:

1. As my Klipsch set-up works at 8ohm, is there some setup on the receiver that I have to make to receive the best sound? I know that a friend of mine set the receiver on 4ohm which gave him a boost in sound but I haven´t found such a setup on my receiver.

2. When I play music in 7 channel stereo i´m not getting any, or just very little, bass from my front center but a lot of bass from my rear center. Should it be this way. Is there some additional setup that I have missed? When I watch movies the bass is certainly there at the front center so it makes you wonder.

Other than that this is a very competent receiver which works great with my Klipsches. The 6.1 versions of Gladiator and 7even are awesome. Hope that someone has time to help me. Regards. Mike.

also, get a rat shack sound meter to balance the speaker outputs according to your stuff & room characteristics.

i'd also suggest getting a C7 or a C5 or C6 to better match the S6 & others & replace the rc-3; but, no real biggy if it sounds right for u.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

This message has been edited by boa12 on 03-18-2002 at 04:16 PM

Hi!

I tried a lot of speaker settings and haven´t yet decided which one is the best. When I play music with Prologic II music setting I have bass in the front center so it´s funny that I don´t have it on 5/7 channel stereo. At first I thought I had a bad speaker cable but it works great with movies and, as I said, the Prologic II setting.

When I watch TV on the Prologic II setting I can´t help but to feel that the center sounds a little bit flat, I mean it´s so big that I feel I could expect more but maybe I have expectations that are to high. And maybe TV-programs are not the correct element to decide the speaker capacity, although I have a digital cable box the sound isn´t like on a dvd disc.

It would also be interesting to hear what you guys have set the different speaker channel levels on and which result this makes on the volume setting when watching movies. What I mean is which volume level you feel you have to use to give you a decent soundstage. I will experiment some more and I will also try a different center speaker cable to see if the fault lies there. I now have a Straight wire cable but will try with a monster cable. I hope you guys could help me some more. Regards. Mike

OM - Get an SPL meter, as boa12 suggested. Don't know the availability of the Radio Shack analog SPL meter where you are, but it's too hard to set channel levels by ear. I boosted my sub 4-5db for when the DVD is the source after I calibrated all channels to the same volume, since I like the extra slam for movies -- what's a system for if you can't play with it, right?

You can click on my signature to see what components I'm using. My rear channels are set rather high to compensate for the bigger, badder fronts. But I have all speakers set to small, including my mains. Sends all the bass to the SVS sub (not in my signature yet), and works quite well for me.

In my system, -13 on the volume dial equals 85db in the room (the target level for the Avia home theater calibration disk).

Doug

Doug

------------------

My System