radio signal through sub

falcon802

I currently have an SW10 klipsch powered sub. The problem I am having is that I am hearing my local radio station through it. You dont even need the sub connected to a stereo to hear the station, but what is needed is a line input or a speaker cable hooked to it to hear the station, which I believe, is acting like an antenna for the sub. I have tried different outlets in the house and even went as far as to take it to another house to try. And still I have the same problem.

Has anyone had or heard of this happening, and can this be an easy fix?

Thanks

Bruce

Ok two problems may be at work here...

1.get a good quality double or quad shielded subwoofer interconect.This should take care of the cable acting as an antena.

2.You may live very close to the radio antena itself,in this case there are laws that prohibit the stations to stick these too close to homes.How far is the antena from your house?How much power?

If you are very close under 100m no wonder your hear radio even from your oven.LOL

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Same thing happened to me. After 4 years all of a sudden a radio station began coming through the sub. This happened even when sub was in standby. With all cables removed it was still there (very much muted) and with a very good shielded cable at 3 feet, not attached to anything - I got fairly clear reception.

I considered using it as a radio, but it only got one station. Manufacturer, forums and meditation were all useless in trying to fix. Manufacturer kept wanting to blame operator error (cabling and so forth), forums wanted me to purchase $40,000 worth of testing gear to validate it was a ground issue and I kept falling asleep when I tried to meditate....

I then went low tech - used a car radio that ranked stations by signal strength and found this radio station to be way off the spectrum on signal strength. I then used that same radio to find that this station was bleeding over on several frequencies on the dial. I called the station and recieved the manufacturers response - must be my fault. Called the FCC to report a possible power violation. Within 24 hours it stopped happening. FCC called back (imagine that) to thank me for the report and said the station found a failure in their equipment.

Up until your post I thought I was the only one this happened to. It was a very beneficial mental gymnastic routine. I hope you find a solution that was as permanent as mine.

Shame on you for stealing the airwaves with your sub....(cwm44.gifjust to remind you that it is your fault).

------------------

Hwatkins

Oops - sorry about the huge Icon insert. I guess 'newbie' is an appropriate tag for me.

See how easy it is for me to believe things are my fault - history says it usually is. I imagine the sub issue above is my fault as well. Sorry....

------------------

Hwatkins