RSW-15 and RT-10d

madfusker

I have been looking into subs and have a few questions I hope this group can answer.
What's the performance difference between the RT-10d vs. a RSW-15? I
have been eyeing both subs and don't know what to choose. It seems the RT-10d is discontinued due to lack of sales (from Klipsch support). Is the 10d not selling because something else is outperforming it in the Klipsch line? I don't have an audio store I can really demo them but assume they are both great products that will fit the bill. Current setup is: RF-83, RC-64, Pioneer VSX-1019.

Thanks.

The rt-10d and rt-12d although great subs were expensive. I got a rt-12d for a great price but would go for something else if I had to pay much more. It's a great sub with a small footprint for how well it performs. Not sure about the RSW-15.

ya thats right those cost alot better off with rw12d but if u wann spend 1000 to 2000 must buy earthquake 15 15 640w amp 18 hertz @ 118 dbu best on market this will put u atthe concert nothing better award winers in pro feild outtta cali get them online cheaper

What's the performance difference between the RT-10d vs. a RSW-15?

[:^)]They are competely different subs. The RT-10d is triangular with a 10" front-firing driver and 2 - 10" side or rear-firing passive radiators. The RSW-15 is a cube with a rear-firing 15" driver and a front-firing 15" passive radiator.

Both are excellent subs and I think you will like either one. I have an RT-10d myself great sub. I think both are very good the RSW series is probably a more musical sub than the RT series but both are great for both music and home theater. Both are also made very well with beautiful real wood veneer cabinets and high quality drivers. The digital controls and remote capabilities of the RT are also a nice feature.

I believe the RT-10d took the place of the RSW-12 and the RT-12d took the place of the RSW-15 in the Klipsch lineup.

Personally I have always liked the sound of Klipsch subs, I bought an HSU sub once and returned it as I was not happy with its sound.

Great comments guys, thanks. I picked up a RT-10d from another forum member and hope to have it next week sometime. I agree the Pioneer 1019 is not enough and will essentially safety power off if I push too hard with it. I don't know too much about amps but now learning from this community. I would like to get at least a 3 channel amp to push my RF-83's and RC-64 (any suggestions?). I have pretty crappy surrounds but they do the job for now. Next purchase will be an amp followed by some RS-somethings.